Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player for safari won't download

Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for Safari 7.04 won't download. It's not an antivirus issue because it's turned off, everything is enabled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to initiate the download from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer?  If it does download, but then won't install, are you receiving any error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installer downloads, then the player itself won’t download. I get an error message saying it won’t download. I’ve tried all the recommended remedies with no success, including uninstalling the old one. Now I’ve gone back it. I’m running Mavericks, cookies and java are enabled and antivirus turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that did it. Thank you very much Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Chris, A big thanks to you.  I had the same Flash download/install problem. Closed Safari but only Installed 97%??  (not closed).

Your link was an instant cure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem and it seemed a little odd to me that the data that was downloaded was named "AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14_ltrosxd_aaa_aih". There was just a bar that didn't move and the program stuck. I tried he link that you posted and know it works. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

My problem was that while the installer downloaded, the installation process always crapped out and gave me this error message: "Error: Unable to proceed with the installation". Tried everything and none of it worked. I COULD download v12 of Flash, but noticed that it used a different style of installer that has a simpler, "chunkier" progress bar and overall look, and doesn't ask about whether Flash should check for updates automatically until AFTER the install was done (different from the standard v14 installer, which has a skinnier progress bar and prompts you about auto updates before most of the installation happens).

Just saw your post, downloaded the installer from the macromedia link you provided, and it installed fine! Superfast. Done and done.

In doing so, however, I noticed that the alt version of the v14 Flash installer from your link also has the same simpler, chunkier type of installer as v12. is there a know problem with the standard (skinny progress bar) version of the installer and Mavericks? This has happened before, and I'm now just realizing that the installs only ever work with the "alt" style of installer.

a) Is Adobe aware of this problem? are they working to make a fix so that i don't have to pull my hair out everytime there's a new security update for Flash?

b) Would you please consider posting your solution in a more obvious place? I'm betting there are a lot of other Mac users having this issue, but because Adobe help can be sort of a byzantine mess (not you, obviously, but the system itself) I'm betting there are a ton of Mac users that are just giving up, like I almost did. Making this issue known, and positing the alt download will save many people many hours of grief.

Thanks for posting your solution!

Cheers,

M

FYI: I'm on a MacBook Pro with Retina (original) running 10.9.3. I have a 750 GB SSD hard drive, 16 GB of RAM, and a 2.7 GHz Core i7 processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines