• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I modify the "topic" skin in WebHelp?

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I'm trying to find a way to have a feature that I had in MadCap Flare. They call it "Master Pages", but whatever you call them, I need them.

The idea is that I need to have the ability to change the HTML that wraps around any topic generated by RoboHelp in the WebHelp Plus output (but, really, I'd like to do it if I ever generate HTML5, too!). Adding my own custom toolbar with links at the top, a footer, etc, etc. What I want to add is of no importance, really, but I do have this requirement.

So, how is this done?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Look inside the Project Setup pod. There you will find a Master Pages folder. Right click on this and create a new Master Page which is opened as a topic tab. Change this as you require and save it. Next you will need to assign this to the appropriate topics by right clicking on them and selecting your Master Page in the properties. If you are assigning it to multiple topics, you may find the Topic List pod useful as you can multi select your topics and assign the master page in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look inside the Project Setup pod. There you will find a Master Pages folder. Right click on this and create a new Master Page which is opened as a topic tab. Change this as you require and save it. Next you will need to assign this to the appropriate topics by right clicking on them and selecting your Master Page in the properties. If you are assigning it to multiple topics, you may find the Topic List pod useful as you can multi select your topics and assign the master page in one go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2014 Jun 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this is a case for screaming "RTFM!!!!!" into my own ears.

Then again, I can perhaps be pardoned by the fact that due to Quebec regulations, Robohelp has to be installed in French, so the term "master page" didn't appear anywhere. The french term is a bit more vague.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I am currently on vacation in the south of France I'll let you off

Out of interest, what does it display in French Canadian? "Page Maître" would seem right to me. Maybe it is different depending on the regional French being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually French (Canada) has it down as "Pages Principales" (main pages). Had it been Pages Maîtres, I would have recognized the terminology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2014 Jun 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think the terminology is wrong, the chances are that other French Canadians do too. I'd submit a change request to see if you can get it changed in a future release. You can do so at Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmm. Do Master Pages only let me change the contents of the <body> by adding new HTML?

I tried to change a few things within the <head>, like calling a new JavaScript (jQuery actually), running a small test script, and also adding a custom style. None of these seem to be applied when I generate my output (I did specify to apply that master page to all topics in the properties of my output). However, the default <p> </p> did add itself before the actual page contents.

Am I missing something, or is this a limiation of master pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp