• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade to coldfusion 11

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working for a few years on a school.
When I started working they were using Coldfusion 9 Enterprise.

I would like to upgrade to Coldfusion 11 Standard.
Looking at Buying guide | Adobe ColdFusion I can' t see a reason to buy the Enterprise for our small website.
Or is there a good reason?

Is it possible to upgrade from Coldfusion 9 Enterprise to a Coldfusion 11 Standard and migrate it from one server to another?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

@ict-centraal,

If you only run one website, and aren't doing any clustering of ColdFusion and using any of the Enterprise-only features (you'll have to look at one of the feature matrices to see what is Enterprise-only), then you should be fine with Standard.  There are a couple of ways to migrate your settings.  If you create a CAR file from CF9 Administrator, you should be able to import it into CF11.  Just make sure you install CF11 first as a trial (no serial number) and in standalone mode. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ict-centraal,

If you only run one website, and aren't doing any clustering of ColdFusion and using any of the Enterprise-only features (you'll have to look at one of the feature matrices to see what is Enterprise-only), then you should be fine with Standard.  There are a couple of ways to migrate your settings.  If you create a CAR file from CF9 Administrator, you should be able to import it into CF11.  Just make sure you install CF11 first as a trial (no serial number) and in standalone mode.  Then import the CAR, then once all the settings have been migrated correctly, put in the Standard serial number.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First I will test the Coldfusion 11 in my testenvironment, ESXi.

Create a snapshot and the upgrade to version 11 Standard edition.
And the see if everything on the website is still working.

Hoping everything works with the standard edition: the price difference between standard and enterprise is rather big....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation