Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble adding epub and pdf files to Kobo Glo

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2013 Oct 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've recently downloaded some epub and pdf ebooks that I want to add to my kobo glo.  I'm using a macbook pro computer with OS 10.7.  I've searched online forums that tell me that I can just drag and drop pdf and epub files on to the KOBOereader that pops up in my devices.  I have done this and ejected the kobo but when I power it up these ebooks are apparently no where on the device.  I then followed the instructions on how to add ebooks using ADE 2.0.  I authorized my computer to read adobe DRM files under the same email that I set up my kobo with.  I plugged in my kobo glo and clicked on connect and the device is recognized in ADE.  I authorized the device and drag-and-dropped the files on to the ereader.  They apparently transferred over fine and when I open the device in my finder window  I see the digital editions folder that contains the files.  I eject the device and power up but the files stll do not appear in my library on the ereader.  The only files that appear are the ones that I have bought from the Kobo desktop store and loaded on to it through the Kobo desktop app.  I also want to note that I do not see the ebooks that I have purchased from kobo on the device when I click on it in ADE.  Any help as to fixing my problem is greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
ACSM files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I can't help, but I have the same problems you described and I am quite disappointed. I think I did everything properly with my kobo mini and DRM protected ebooks, even though I can't read these ebooks! I am worried, I begin to think I will be able to read only the books I can buy from Kobo.com! That's a shame!

Please help me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few suggestions on http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1124380

Second part of my post 10 helped on person.

Also long suggestion in post 23 at end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2013 Nov 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, first you should to create a folder, name it, and then drop your book file there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need know which folder did you copy to?

After you synced your kobo books with ADE, copy your books to the "Books" folder please. You'd better not copy them directly to your ereader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i know what you are talking about the same thing happened with me and eventually i went and changed my kobo but when i tried to download books they never showed up, also when i download books I only used a specific site so i downloaded new books from a different site and sent them to my kobo and they went through. So there might not actually be a problem with your kobo but the site from where you get your books from. Try switching sites from where you usually download books and try a new site it might work as it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe you can try to convert those Adobe ePub PDF files (saved under Digital Editions folder) to common ePub PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines