• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a merge module for HHActiveX.dll

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I told the developer who creates our install images that we needed to install and register HHActiveX.dll because we are using the glossary in our RoboHTML help project. He asked if there was a merge module available for this dll which will allow us to be "well behaved windows developers" by allowing us to remove it when we uninstall without affecting other applications that have installed and registered it. He said that it should be created by Adobe and is a .msm file that effectively gives the dll a generic install ID so that the system knows that it is used by multiple programs. I've looked around the Adobe support site and through the knowledge base and have not found anything listed. Does anyone know if this is available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of one. I use InstallShield and they have a fairly extensive list of third party .msm files but none for RoboHelp generated help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks John, that is kind of what we are noticing. We thought we may have to handle it ourselves but that sure leaves the potential of messing up someone elses help implementation upon uninstall or them messing up ours upon uninstall of their product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp