• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illegal installation of the Macafee Virus

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Automatic installation of Macafee is no different than illegally installing a virus. I was asked to update Flash. I was never asked to install Macafee. There is no difference between the actions of Adobe Inc. and those of a hacker attempting to install malware on my computer. Both are done without permission and as such are a violation of privacy. Adobe should be ashamed of itself and stop this unethical practice. You can be sure that Macafee did not long survive its installation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2013 Aug 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's absolutely NOTHING illegal about it or they couldn't and wouldn't do it. If you think you know more than Adobe's ENTIRE legal team, sue, but you'll lose and you'll have to pay all costs.

You always have the option to download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Ther's nothing bundled with those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By your logic nobody would ever brake the law because it was illegal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed i think they are breaking the law just because they know we need their software to watch vid's on the internet. They are abusing their market power to install this crap on our computers without any permission from the user, or even a notification unless you watch it install itself.

I would bet they are getting a payment from McAfee for every installation and don't care that we all uninstall it straight away.

Adobe are now in a race with EA to see who sux more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines