Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS 10.9.3

iMac 27-inch, Late 2009

AdobeFlashPlayerInstaller_14au_ltrosxd_aaa_aih.dmg

Install Adobe Flash Player Version 2.0.2.7

Safari Version 7.0.4

Downloaded installer, began install, progress bar hangs toward end of installation and "Error: General Installation Error" appears?

Tried alternate installer (Posted in this thread) but still similar error message?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please post the contents of the /Users/<YourUserID>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log for the install attempts that are failing.  These will be listed at the end of the file.  Each attempt begins and ends with --- log start ---  and --- log end ---.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me with late 2013 iMac 21 inch running 10.9.4 and 7.0.6 Safari.  Big problem seems to be installer will not recognize that I have quit Safari.  How do I correct for that? I've tried all the suggestions, but no joy. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sanhodo4,

To confirm, did you actually terminate the Safari process, or simply close the Safari windows? If you closed just the browser window, the Safari process was not terminated.  Please refer to How do I quit Safari (or another browser/app) in OS X.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did quit, tried both ways you suggested.  None of my browsers were opened yet I still got the box saying that Safari was open and the installation stopped nearly completely.  Sad. Had no trouble installing previous versions.  What's up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There may some residual process still running in the background, which is being detected by the installer. A log out or full system restart should fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full system restart did the trick. Thank you.  I used Firefox to do the installation and it worked fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dm g

I am also running OS X 10.9.3; Safari 7.0.4   I got  the above link from Pat Willener, in this forum.   After 3 days of maddening frustration, it worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem. That different installer link provided worked for me on a 27-inch, Late 2012 iMac, running OS X 10.9.4 (and Safari 7.0.5, mostly.)

It installed Flash Player v14.0.0.176.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2014 Aug 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this link finally worked for me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines