• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you scroll down on a page or zoom out when viewing an ebook?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently brought a few new manga ebooks from the Google Play store.

When viewing the epub file in Adobe Digitial Editions 3.0.1.91394, all pages seem to be cut off to the size of your screen.

There seems to be no scroll bar or zoom option. (There seems to be a zoom option for PDFs, however the feature is not available on epub files.)

Due to this issue, most of the manga is cut off and unreadable.  When using the mouse scroll wheel, the program will just proceed to the next page, rather than scroll down the page.  Resizing the window does not resize the content.

Changing some monitor setting on Windows, I rotated the screen 90 degrees.  After that, I was able to view more of the page, however the bottom&right side is still cut off.  Messing around with the text sizes does not seem to change anything.

Below is a screenshot of what the issue is. First image is in landscape and the other is in portrait mode.  You can clearly see that content is cut off in both situations.  Does anyone know how to scroll on a page or zoom out?  I fear that a feature as simple as this has been omitted from the program, since manga (or ebooks consisting of entirely photos) is kind of a niche market when it comes to ebooks.  ANY solutions that anyone is able to provide would be helpful.  Thanks!

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (22).png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey..you can try few things:

Go to "Reading" menu option -> Epub text size ->small.

Now check the rendering of the images in epub file

you can also try to increase the resolution of your machine...

hope this helps !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately changing the epub text size does not change the view at all. The images do not seem to change when the text size setting is changed.

The resolution of my machine is already at the max setting, so increasing the resolution is kind of impossible.

Any other suggestions I could try?  Thank you for your suggestions!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it just happens with the pictures, it is not a matter of space. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you go to "Reading" menu option and select full screen this should remove the top nav bar which might give enough room for the page to display properly?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

no, the problem is elsewhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens to me too. no way ! I had to convert a lot of art books to PDF just to see the pictures. I think it is a bug of the sw. if not, please give me a suggestion on  how to so...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines