• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

webchart

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated from CF10 standard to CF11 trial version but the chart fail to render in the webpage. It says com.gp.api.jsp.MxServerComponent is not found

Does anyone here know whether CF11 comes with Webchart3D?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have brought up an important matter. Up until Coldfusion 10 there was a webcharts JAR file, called wc50.jar, in the lib directory. It contained, amongst others, chart modules such as com.gp.api.jsp.MxServerComponent.

The JAR file is absent from Coldfusion 11, which implies that any code which depends on it, such as yours, will break. In other words, Coldfusion 11 fails to be backward-compatible as far as this chart functionality is concerned.

In my opinion, this amounts to a bug in Coldfusion 11. You should report it in the bugbase.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i copied the wc50.jar, webchartsJava2D.jar and webcharts3D.xml from version 10 into 11 library. The charts worked. But charts are rendered with "Adobe Cold Fusion 8 Developer Version Not For Production Use". I wonder will this sentence disappeared once a license is purchased?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The watermark will disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response. But how you sure that the watermark will disappear? Since the webchart is not even built into the latest CF release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is the current Coldfusion license that determines whether or not a watermark will appear. You will see a watermark if you run the following code, which uses Coldfusion 11's own charting engine:

<cfchart format="png" >

<cfchartseries type="bar">

<cfchartdata item="myVar" value="350">

</cfchartseries>

</cfchart>

This implies that the system that places the watermark does so after checking the current Coldfusion license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The cfchart does not give me the watermark since my CF11 is still within 30-day evaluation. But the webcharts does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expected the watermark to then say something about the Coldfusion 10 license. Come to think of it, that is the more logical theory: the watermark depending on the license of the Coldfusion installation where the charting component originates from.

However, I have only just seen another detail now. You copied the JAR files from Coldfusion 10 to Coldfusion 11, but the watermark mentions Coldfusion 8 instead. Very odd. I am going to test it, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing a similar issue in my application. I also migrated my application from CF10 to CF11 and due to unavailability of webchart JAR's in CF11 lib directory, the PDF's couldn't be generated. So I copied the JAR's (wc50 and others) from old CF10 to new CF11 lib. Now I can generate the report but it is coming with a visible watermark which says "Adobe ColdFusion 8 Developer Edition Not for production use".   This is surprising, because we were using CF10 earlier and that too licensed version. Any help here would be highly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

swapnilw9224498​,

You should report a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also no more webchart.bat file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF11 comes with ZingCharts.  JavaScript charts and maps for your projects | ZingChart

Adam Cameron has a very nice article on using ZingCharts directly. Adam Cameron's Dev Blog: ColdFusion-UI-the-Right-Way: <cfchart>

www.webcharts3D.com appears to be defunct.   In fact, the last known archive view from archive.org was back on July 2nd, 2014 Internet Archive Wayback Machine

So while copying over the the libraries may work,  I would highly recommend you update your code to support the new charts. 

There are also licensing issues with moving the third party libraries to the latest version of CF, even though the company in question may be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c_wiggington

Good advice. But please be aware that you are responding with the advantage of hindsight. This thread is now into its second year. In software development that is the time from birth to adolescence.

c_wigginton wrote:

There are also licensing issues with moving the third party libraries to the latest version of CF, even though the company in question may be gone.

Debatable. The question was about Coldfusion 10. Well, Coldfusion 10 uses the WebCharts library and Coldfusion 10 is still well within its end-of-life (May 2017).

So while copying over the the libraries may work,  I would highly recommend you update your code to support the new charts.

I agree, and would also recommend ZingCharts. The original poster was already on Coldfusion 11, which would have been a start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2016 Feb 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol, didn't even look at the date, I would probably not have even responded.  I guess it was still in the list because it was marked unanswered.  I was just looking at the list and I only usually go down a few before I consider them too aged to even reply.    ugh, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the core support of CF 10 will stop in May of this year, what about the webchart license?  Will it expire after the core support of CF 10 is up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation