• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie - Robohelp - what do I need to purchase?

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are considering Robohelp for an IT Service Desk - I have 5 people creating documentation and 60 end users that will view use the documentation. Do I just need 5 licenses for the people creating the documenation - and 60 end users can view via the web? The 60 analyst/end users will view the documentation and trouble shoot/resolve incidents via the product. What's my cost effective direction for this product?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Yes you only need licences for the people who create outputs, be that webhelp, printed documentation or any other output.

No licence is required for end users, that is the people using the output.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2007 Jun 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my company is also condidering Robohelp for the system user documentation and help soon but before purchasing, I have few general questions and one technical question:

the licence price was $999. is this for per developer or for multible users?

is there any up coming version after robohelp 6?

is there any other mean of communiacting robohelp support after purchase or this forum is the only place?

my techincal question is related to integrating robohelp with the system we are developing, so please if there is a technical contact I can ask please post it here.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ahlam323

the licence price was $999. is this for per developer or for multible users?

This price is for the RoboHelp developer. As many users as you can imagine can use what you create with RoboHelp at no cost whatsoever.

is there any up coming version after robohelp 6?

Yes, a new version is in beta as I type this. There are many interesting things it will bring. You may wish to check out the thread linked below for more info.

Click here to read the thread

is there any other mean of communiacting robohelp support after purchase or this forum is the only place?

This is the user-to-user support area. Of course Adobe has an "official" support channel, where Adobe employees are available to help. One way to reach them is by clicking the Support link found at the bottom of each forum page. There is also a phone number. But I'm not sure what the phone number for support would be. Perhaps someone else here would know.

my techincal question is related to integrating robohelp with the system we are developing, so please if there is a technical contact I can ask please post it here.

Feel free to post your questions here. There are many different individuals with all sorts of expertise that can help. I think you will find that we tend to be a helpful bunch here. And we are pretty friendly too!

I suppose that if you are new to RoboHelp, a general "Welcome to our community!" is in order. Normally we look at the post count and base our response off that. I see you have posted 14 times. Would I be safe in assuming that you use another Adobe product and have 13 other posts in a different area?

Cheers and happy Saturday from a soggy Kansas City, MO... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi and thank you very much for your fast response and answering my questions,

actually, no all my posts ragards robohelp only.

to tell you the truth, my only concern is Can I integrate robhelp with my software which is developed Oracle 6i and use the Context help or NOT? what is the method? and what type of help files can I integrate .CHM, Winhelp or webhelp, or etc.

I have asked this question twoice in my posts but I had no convincing answer.

I hope you can help or direct me to expertise in this field.

thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

While I'm absolutely certain that what you are asking can be done, how easy it may be or the actual steps involved are a bit beyond my realm of expertise.

Essentially, applications link to help by mapping identifiers in the application with help topics. This can occur a few different ways.

For example, you might have something called a .h file. (I think this means "header" file in developer speak). So either you as the help author or your developer create this file. Basically, it serves as a cross reference that maps the application identifiers with the help topics.

Another way is if perhaps you have a WebHelp output system living somewhere on a server. In this case, your developer might just forego using any form of map file and simply point at the desired topics directly from the control. In this case, the developer simply specifies a URL.

Sorry I can't be more specific than I was. It's one of those questions that has the "it depends" answer. So without being a developer using Oracle 6i myself, I just can't clearly explain the process.

Perhaps the following links will help:
Link One
Link Two
Link Three

Hopefully something I provided here will prove worthwhile to you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks very much Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp