• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Failed - InDesign CC - U44M1P34

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried numerous times to update my InDesign CC.  I receive this message.  InDesign Cc - update failed.  There was an error installing this update.  Please try again later or contact customer support.  U44M1P34.  I also uninstalled InDesign and reinstalled it, but I received a message that a patch did not install.  Any ideas for me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 17, 2014 Mar 17, 2014

Hi Huntstrong,

This error usually comes when you move adobe folder to different location from root drive and try to update the application. Uninstall the application and remove all adobe folders. Restart your machine and install the application again and check for updates. It should work.

Regards,

Eshant

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Huntstrong,

This error usually comes when you move adobe folder to different location from root drive and try to update the application. Uninstall the application and remove all adobe folders. Restart your machine and install the application again and check for updates. It should work.

Regards,

Eshant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try that tomorrow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bootska can you please check your installation log files for the specific error preventing installation?  You can find details on how to locate and interpret your installation log files at Troubleshoot install issues with log files | CC - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cc.html.  You are welcome to post any specific errors you discover to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

06/16/14 13:08:37:304 | [FATAL] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 | Payload 'Adobe InDesign CC x64 Application Language Files_9.2.1.101_AdobeInDesign9AppLang64-en_US 8.0.0.15 {35937D37-6FF2-1014-BDC2-9CD1656E73E4}' information not found in Media_db.

06/16/14 13:08:37:305 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 | :: END TIMER :: [Total Timer] took 56922.9 milliseconds (56.9229 seconds) DTR = 1206.26 KBPS (1.17799 MBPS)

06/16/14 13:08:38:306 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 | -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

06/16/14 13:08:38:306 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 |  - 1 fatal error(s), 0 error(s)

06/16/14 13:08:38:306 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 | Win OS version: 6.1.1.0 64 bit Type: 1

06/16/14 13:08:38:306 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 |

06/16/14 13:08:38:306 | [INFO] |  | OOBE | DE |  |  |  | 9680 | FATAL: Payload 'Adobe InDesign CC x64 Application Language Files_9.2.1.101_AdobeInDesign9AppLang64-en_US 8.0.0.15 {35937D37-6FF2-1014-BDC2-9CD1656E73E4}' information not found in Media_db.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem with the ID CC9.2.2 update.

InDesign Cc - update failed.  There was an error installing this update.  Please try again later or contact customer support.  U44M1P34.

Tried uninstalling, and re-installing app. I have not moved any of my Adobe folders or files. I've also encountered an issue with opening the 64-bit version of the app since this update first showed up. Since un/re-installing the 32-bit version opens and I can work from it, but my 64-bit ID gets to "Loading Late Initializers" on the splash screen, then give me an "Indesign CC has stopped working" Windows error and closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CCannon please see Possible solution for people having problems updating InDesign CC to 9.2.2 on Windows 7/8 where a couple different solutions to this error have been posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2016 Jan 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an old thread, but I recently ran into the same error code.  Since someone else may stumble on this thread (and since I have a possible solution), I thought I would post (I posted something similar in another thread).  My issue was with Photoshop CC, but the error code was the same.  And no, I didn't change the installation directory or move folders.  Anyone reading this may want to try this approach before going with the nuclear option of wiping it all and trying again.

Background: I looked at the error logs and saw they couldn't find a GUID (one of those long codes you find in the registry).  So I browsed the media_db file that goes with the updater, and saw that while it was included in some areas, it was missing in others.  On a hunch, I wondered if the Adobe folks didn't include OLD versions as being "updateable".  Maybe you could only update from the most recent.

So here's what I did, and it seemed to work for me and Photoshop CC 2015:

1. I uninstalled Photoshop (you may or may not need to do this - I did this before I dug deep)
  2. I installed Photoshop from the Creative Cloud app (which it installed, but then failed again on the updates)
  3. I then went to Pro Design Tools (per Adobe - REALLY weird they push people to a third-party provider for their own updates) and downloaded EVERY minor release of Photoshop CC 2015 x64 (2015.0.1, 2015.1.0, 2015.1.1) (All Adobe CC 2015 Updates: The Direct Download Links for Windows | ProDesignTools)
  4. I then installed each of the updates in order.  I did NOT skip to 2015.1.1 (as I had been doing previously)

And that seemed to do the trick.  It seems the updater was having problems going from 2015.0.0 directly to 2015.1.1.  (I had also tried going from 2015.0.1 directly to 2015.1.1, but no dice.)  I hope this helps someone else out there.

Good luck!

Jason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines