Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording in Captivate 3

Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for specifics on how Captivate 3 has "improved" audio recording.

Can you edit an existing recording, by recording a new phrase and insert it or replace a section of an existing audio file?

Can you change the timing for a recording that was previously spread over 3 slides, so that it now is spread over 4 slides?

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
There is no real problem other than a newbie who went through the tutorials and never saw these specific things demonstrated. I see how they work now.

Thanks, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unsure how to read the quotation marks in the first sentence of your question. Why emphasize the word improved? Are you looking for a specific improvement? If so, what would that be? Thanks!

In reply to ...
quote:

Can you edit an existing recording, by recording a new phrase and insert it or replace a section of an existing audio file?
... yes, but you always could do that - at least since Captivate 1, or earlier. Just open the waveform in Edit mode, position the playhead, and record.

In reply to ...
quote:

Can you change the timing for a recording that was previously spread over 3 slides, so that it now is spread over 4 slides?
... again, yes you can, but again, you can do that in prior versions. Go to the Audio menu and select Edit Timing.

All of which leads me to believe that there might be some problem that is not stated in your post. Let us know and we'll do all we can to help. Thanks again!!

For some other changes incorporated into Captivate 3 go to this thread .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no real problem other than a newbie who went through the tutorials and never saw these specific things demonstrated. I see how they work now.

Thanks, Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No problem, glad to have helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources