• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Google Chrome, but my flash player isn't working, what should I do?

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to download it, I am unable to as well.  I have the most up to date version of Flash Player because I have Chrome, but it simply isn't working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Adobe Flash Player is not working when I try to watch MLB.TV or any other thing like CNN news or ESPN clips.

I have Windows 7, my operating system is Google Chrome Version 35.0.1916.153 m

My Adobe Flash Player version is 14.0.0.125

It says that I have the latest Adobe version, but whenever I try to download it, I get this a connection failed error message.

From what I can tell I have the latest everything, but it does not work and I can't even download it if I try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is bundled with Chrome, so you don't need to download/install it.

Still, what means "not working"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No multimedia plays, I just get a black screen where I should be seeing content. 

For what it's worth, whenever I use Internet Explorer and there is some multimedia that uses Flash, it says I need to install it.  However, I always get a "Connection Lost" error message when I try to download Flash, and it usually just stalls at 35% installation, before timing out and quitting altogether.

In a nutshell, all indications are that I "have" Flash Player and it is installed (at least on Chrome), but I can never view the content that requires Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On June 16, a new update for Adobe Flashplayer (add-on) appeared. The update could be installed (Win 7/64 SP1, IE 11.0.9600.17126), but made it impossible to watch websites requirering Flash - pages will be blank, videos will not play (blank). Current Flash player version seems to be 14.0.0.125.

When I start IE, even without any default initial webpage, messages pop up, saying something like "This webpage wants to run the following add-on: '<add-on name' from '<supplier>'. ..." There are a variety of <add-on names>, for instance 'Adobe Flashruntime' from 'Adobe Systems Incorporated', and 'MSXML 3.0 SP11' from 'Microsoft Corporation'. The MSXML 3.0 SP11 is something, that should not be enabled, as it indicates the webpage refers to an old version of the XML editor software, instead of using the latest available in the computer. Enabling any of these required add-ons will have no observable effect - the popups continue to appear and many webpages remain non-viewable.

I cannot find any way to restore a previous version as a temporary solution. Attempted downloading and installing Adobe Flash player from their site, but that only turned the situation worse, resulting in an unknown Internet search tool (speedial something) being installed, that shortcutted Google, rendering it non-usable. I had to deinstall Adobe flash player and that non-wanted search tool (which wasn't easy), before resetting IE (Internet Explorer). The Adobe flash problem did not go away. There is no easily available method to contact Adobe about this problem.

I also have an instance of Opera installed, which is not affected by this flash player problem, as is not Google Chrome. Google Chrome however, normally never used, prompts to install Mcafee and other software.

Plausible demands on Adobe:
1.  There should be an easy method to restore the previous version of the software, in case of a failure or when post-install problems occur.
2.  Make it possible to report a problem. In installation cannot be regarded as successful, unless it also works properly as seen by the user. Like Microsoft, you can collect the necessary technical details to understand the possible cause of many problems, after an analysis.
3.  The current way of opting-out additional software options is dubious and prone to mistakes. Instead, present all options in an array, where tick marks are to be used to select or deselect them. For instance, installing Mcafee or any other anti-virus software will seriously affect the functioning of existing firewall or anti-malware software application instances.
4.  Make no automatic changes to browsers, without informing the user.
5.  Do NOT remove downloaded updates from hard drive upon installation, at least never, when I choose to first download, then to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines