• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ActiveX failed to register during install

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great. Running Flashplayer for years. Go to update to v14.0 and now I have none! Same error during install, "ActiveX failed to register." Tried everything. Deleted all. Turned off ActiveX filter. Run as Admin. Nothing works. Google the issue and find a dozen different ideas but none work. How can such a critical component like Flashplayer not download properly? Very disconcerting and disappointing.

Windows Vista Home Basic, IE9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't tell us what you have actually tried; did you try the MSI installer http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_14_active_... ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Pat:

1. I used the Flash Uninstaller, rebooted, then tried to download again. Same issue. I then tried a routine called fix.cmd

cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools" subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /setowner=administrators /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f

which also didn't help. I downloaded flashplayer_14_ax_debug.exe to desktop and ran as Admin, no help.

So now I ran your link, and it said it was successful. But when I went to the Test page, it said I didn't have Flash. So I rebooted and ran the v14. install again, same issue.

Active X failed to register.

What else can we do?

ps I just updated Shockwave without a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlbhina622 wrote:

I rebooted and ran the v14. install again, same issue.

Ran what installer?  The MSI?  EXE?  AIH?

What files do you have in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?

Did you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran the msi you sent ok. Ran the exe not ok.

In the Flash folder:

activex.vch

Flash32_14_0_0_125.ocx

FlashInstall.log

flashplayer.xpt

FlashPlayerPlugin_13_0_0_223.exe

FlashPlayeruUdateService.exe

FlashUtil32_13_0_0_223_Plugin.exe

FlashUtil32_14_0_0_125_ActiveX.dll

FlashUtil32_14_0_0_125_ActiveX.exe

mms.cfg

NPSWF32_13_0_0_223.dll

Plugin.vch

ps: they're all dated yesterday when I tried to install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention also I unchecked ActiveX filtering in IE. When I went to Manage Add-Ons, Shockwave/Flash is not listed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dlbhina622 wrote:

Manage Add-Ons, Shockwave/Flash is not listed.

Even under All Add-ons?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

o right. Enabled under all plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed! After doing another complete uninstall, and discovering that Shockwave ActiveX Control was not enabled under Manage Add-Ons in IE, I decided to try the download with Firefox. Low and behold, it saved the download to my desktop, I ran it as Admin and Flash installed easily. Goodbye Internet Explorer. Hello Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines