• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Driver installation failed : "Needs adobe flash to continue".

Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install drivers for my mouse I get an error before the installation starts saying "You need to have adobe flash installed before installation can continue".

I have flash player installed and enabled. What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

I searched for "Gigabyte Ghost MX8000", but cannot find such a device.  Could it be M8000X?  If so, there is no driver for Windows 8.x: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3314&dl=1&RWD=0#utility

The installer may be confused because Flash Player is integrated in Windows 8.x

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have both ActiveX and plugin installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, but still it won't install. I have no idee what it is. I recently "upgraded" to Windows 8.1 and I', starting to think it might just be a compatibility issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually have some difficulties understanding why a mouse driver would require Flash.  Can you post a screenshot of what you see?

Also, how new is that driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly why I'm so confused. I really don't understand why flash is required.

It is drivers for the Gigabyte Ghost MX8000 mouse, so I don't think it's to old, but it's probably a bit older than Windows 8.1 which I'm currently running.

Here is a screenshot of the error :

Screen_flash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I searched for "Gigabyte Ghost MX8000", but cannot find such a device.  Could it be M8000X?  If so, there is no driver for Windows 8.x: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3314&dl=1&RWD=0#utility

The installer may be confused because Flash Player is integrated in Windows 8.x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I meant M8000X. Sorry about that.

Okay so it will work perfectly then because of Windows 8.1? i don't have any problems thus far so I'll just leave it for now.

Thank you for the help. Much Appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines