Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 7 not capturing information in boxes on screen

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Captivate 7 to record a software simulation in Training mode. It looks fine when I am recording, but when I come to edit there are a number of screens where a box hasn't been recorded properly. You just get a blank white box.

I am recording on Windows 7 (though a colleague is having this problem recording the same system on XP)

Here is an example - the top box should be populated, but it is showing as empty. This seems to be happening randomly through the file.

Captivate White Screen Problem.png

Any ideas?

Thanks

Rob

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just because it's captured a screen before something on the browser has rendered properly.  This happens all the time and is quite normal.

Whenever you are capturing screens with Captivate you should have one finger over the manual capture key (I set mine to F2 because I'm right-handed with the mouse) so that you can make sure you get all the screens you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rod, I appreciate the quick response

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources