• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to get DRM to authorise my ebook reader?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded and installed DRM with no problems, authorised computer with no problems, but can't even get an option to authorise my kobo glo reader?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm brand new to ebook readers, and not very techy!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did manage to transfer ebooks from computer onto kobo glo, but they won't open in the kobo, as it isn't authorised by DRM?

WWas hoping to get lots of books downloaded and transfered onto kobo, as I'm going into hospital soon and wanted to take my kobo full of ready to read books.

Sorry, should have started by saying Hi to everyone, just a little stressed out today. BIG HI to all

Thanks

ravenheart

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please follow the below steps to authorize your Kobo eReader:

1. Connect your Kobo eReader to your computer and select Manage Library.
  2. Start Digital Editions.
    If you were already using Digital Editions, restart it so that it will find your eReader and start the Device Setup Assistant.
  3. Click Authorize Device.
  4. Click Finished to complete the process.

Your eReader will now be listed as one of your Bookshelves in Digital Editions. You can drag books from your Digital Editions library to the eReader icon to copy them to your eReader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Prabhanjan

Thanks for your reply. I've been trying all day to follow your instructions, without success - don't know what I'm doing wrong.

When I connect my ereader via the usb, I get a message saying computer is detected.

Once I actually get to my home page on the ereader there is a library tag at the bottom of the page - but no option for managing the library.

When I launch Digital Editions, my ereader isn't showing anywhere on the page. When I try authorizing the computer again (somehow hoping the ereader will also show up), I just get the message that the computer is already authorized.

Just can't figure out how to get to that first option - Manage Library - you told me to select.

Should that option show on the ereader, or the computer?  sorry to be such a pest.

Thanks again

ravenheart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines