Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright on using Captivate characters

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2014 Jan 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can I use captivate characters in not-captivate commercial projects? For example, in PowerPoint Presentation.

If I have purchased a copy of Captivate, of course.

Kind regards, Alexandra

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, sorry .

2.3 Content Files. Unless stated otherwise in the “Read-Me” files, Documentation, or other license(s) associated with the Content Files, Customer may use, display, modify, reproduce, and distribute any of the Content Files. However, Customer may not distribute the Content Files on a stand-alone basis (i.e., in circumstances in which the Content Files constitute the primary value of the product being distributed), and Customer may not claim any trademark rights in the Content Files or derivative works thereof. Nothing stated herein shall affect the ownership of the Software as stated in Section 3.

C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Captivate 7 x64/Legal/en_US/license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I frankly do not agree with this answer.  However, I would also like to know what the true answer to this is.  It seems to me that it is simply saying the content cannot be trademarked.  It doesn't say anything about not being able to use content in a commercial project. Nor, does it say that your own work cannot be copyrighted that uses their content. It does say that it can be distributed as long as they are not stand-alone. Not only am I interested in how this applies to captivate characters but also to other content from Adobe software that have terms like this. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet to help verify or negate what I am saying.  If anyone could clarify this then I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you, Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources