• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import an online help project into RoboHelp?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all!

I have an html documentation generated through doxygen and shaped as an online help system.

I would like to import this documentation into a program that would allow me editing in a user-friendly, non-code-based environment, and that would keep the original style formats and Javascript-based options.

Has someone ever used RoboHelp for such a purpose? Is there any chance it could work?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it’s WebHelp help output, you’ll need to reverse engineer it back into a RH project. If it’s a CHM already, I believe you can load that directly into RH to create a project – if I’m wrong on that, it can be reverse engineered – see Willam’s scripts for sale on his site – www.wvanweelden.eu<http://www.wvanweelden.eu>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply.

I've looked up at the website, but it looks like the reverse engineering process works with projects that were created with RoboHelp in the first place.

In my case, the projects were not created with RoboHelp, so I wonder if it could really work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you still have access to doxygen? If so, try generating a CHM, PDF or some other format that can be imported directly into a RH project. I doubt whether Willam's site would catch everything if the output was not generated by RH. Then again, maybe Willam coulf tweek it so it did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp