• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Autosave to Creative Cloud

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot add autosave to Creative Cloud 2014, get an error message when checking the box on preferences Auto Save - "Savie backup project to Creative Cloud."

Error message:

"Saving backup projects to Creative Cloud requires a Creative Cloud Files directory. Please install the Creative Cloud desktop application on your computer to enable this feature."

Choice to use Creative Cloud then greys out.

However,  I do in fact have Creative Cloud installed on computer and do in fact have a Creative Cloud Files directory.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-James Edmunds

New Iberia, LA

[Please choose only a short description for the thread title.]

Message was edited by: Jim Simon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

The workaround of creating a folder for each project in my Creative Cloud Files folder, then using that folder as the autosave folder for the project I'm working on, is currently working for me.  It would be nice if they could get the integrated CC autosave fixed once and for all, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 135 Replies 135
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happened to me.  Haven't figured it out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.

Changed the HDD folder location for the synced files and still does not save any backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  I have even specified my CC sync folder as my autosave location but that doesn't make any difference either.  It must be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my machine it would randomly save and give me the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sorry to hear that. Let me investigate the issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue since I updated..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. After the message the option is greyed-out. I used a custom location for my folder, running Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, Hi all,

I also had issues, but have it running now. See if this works for you:

The most common user errors which may make auto save not happen are:

1. The Preference is disabled
  2. You have not waited long enough (the default is 15 minutes)
  3. 1 and 2 are fine but you haven't made a change to the timeline or something else that the app would see as a savable change.
  4. You're not logged in to Creative Cloud

Try these things and report back.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin

It's nothing to do with Autosave not working, it's the 'Backup to Creative Cloud' that doesn't work.  Standard autosave works fine.  The option is a check box in 'preferences' and it offers to 'save backup project to Creative Cloud'.  However, when the box is clicked, the following error (as described by the OP) appears:

"Saving backup projects to Creative Cloud requires a Creative Cloud Files directory. Please install the Creative Cloud desktop application on your computer to enable this feature."

Choice to use Creative Cloud then greys out.

CC desktop app IS installed, 'file syncing' is turned on and we have a CC sync folder set up.

There is clearly a bug somewhere.

My set up is:

Mac 5,1 6 core 3.33GHz 48GB RAM

GTX 680 Mac

OSX 10.9.3

CC 2014

Matrox MXO2 mini

Everything else seems to work well.

Thanks,

Dominic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

Similar to Dominic, the issue is isolated to the "Save backup project to Creative Cloud" option. Autosave otherwise works as expected.

My original post describes the same scenario that Dominic describes.

I hope this is helpful,

James Edmunds

New Iberia, LA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James Edmunds wrote:

Similar to Dominic, the issue is isolated to the "Save backup project to Creative Cloud" option. Autosave otherwise works as expected.

Yes, that's what I meant. Sorry to confuse.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They mean that when they click on the checkbox for "Save backup project to Creative Cloud that they get the image seen below.

I just verified that this directory exists:  C:\Users\Owner\Creative Cloud Files

I don't want it there because I use a different drive for such things, so I just changed it to: G:\Adobe Backup Files\Creative Cloud Files.

It still gives me the same message.

Capture.PNG

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you may already be ahead of this, so please bear with me.

The first thing to try is this…

1. Go to your Creative Cloud desktop app (which you were prompted to install when you subscribed to CC)

2. Go to 'Files' and click on 'start syncing'

3. Give it some time to start syncing some of your media as needed… you can click on 'Open Folder' to automatically go to it's folder and verify its location.

4. Dismiss the Preference>Auto Save dialog and re-open it (this should un-gray out the checkbox for you)

5. In Preferences>Auto Save, check on 'save backup project to creative cloud'

Expected result: If you don't have any previous auto saves on your cloud files, nothing will happen at first because there is no new auto save to copy up there yet. As soon as Pr gives you a new auto save file (which requires the set interval (15 min by default) to pass by and a savable change to happen) that should be copied up to your CC Files into a folder path like this: CC Files>Premiere Pro>8.0>Adobe Premiere Pro Auto-Save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File syncing has long been on on my system and works successfully as expected, syncing files from my desktop to the cloud. The inability of the "Save backup project to Creative Cloud" to work seems independent of that.

I hope this is helpful,

James Edmunds

New Iberia, LA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you moved your CC Files directory to another location using the CC app preferences, then it's a known bug where prpro cannot track that change made outside of the app. It's actually not a limitation of PrPro 2014 (version 8.0.0.169), but rather with CC app 2014 (Version 1.6.0.393). The workaround until further notice is to set the CCFiles directory back to its default locale. Also, you can manually copy saved projects just like any other file to CCFiles wherever it lives if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had it in the default location. I moved it. That didn't help.

And what is this "Start Syncing" you speak of? My window looks like this after I put a single project file in the custom directory. It started syncing before I could even get back to the window to look for a start button of some sort.

But I still can't set that directory for my auto-save to Creative Cloud. I still get the message I got back in post #10.

Capture.PNG

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steven L. Gotz wrote:

I had it in the default location. I moved it. That didn't help.

And what is this "Start Syncing" you speak of? My window looks like this after I put a single project file in the custom directory. It started syncing before I could even get back to the window to look for a start button of some sort.

But I still can't set that directory for my auto-save to Creative Cloud. I still get the message I got back in post #10.

Capture.PNG

If you had not turned on file sharing in the CCapp then you would see 'Start Syncing' instead of 'Open Folder'. Like I said, some of you were already ahead of the steps I wrote. In windows 8, PrPro will only copy your auto saves to the CCFiles folder if it is at:

C(root):\Users\Username\

The folder location is in a similar close-to-the-root path for win7 and mac OS's.

Open your CCApp and go to Preferences>Files>Folder Location>Change

and make sure it is set to the default location (see screenshot below).

Don't try to move it around outside of the CC App preferences and it can't be at another locale if you was auto save to cloud to work.

Then go back to PrPro, and try enabling the option again. You will need to close the dialog and re-open it if it was showing a greyed out state from before. It also might not be a bad idea to staunch the app just to be sure.

CCApp_Prefs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jstrawn,

I do have my Folder location set correctly (in my case, to C:\Users\James) and it has always been so, I think it was set this way by default when CC installed.

However, I am still having the issue with not making autosave to Creative Cloud work.

I hope this is helpful,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put my folder back to where it was, tried creating a new project, nothing helps.

I am on Windows 7.

artofzootography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 04, 2015 Sep 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this issue is definitely not resolved. It just started happening for me a week or two ago, and while I'm used to Premiere Pro being buggy, it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

I can edit like there's no autosave in Premiere Pro at all (as has been suggested to me in the past), but Adobe needs to stop calling it a feature. It's not a feature if it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2015 Sep 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated PP 9.0.2 and auto save to cloud is STILL BROKEN. Nice job, Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated PP 9.0.2 and auto save to cloud is STILL BROKEN. Nice job, Adobe...

Hi TLKR,

Sorry about that. I hope we have a fix for you in the next version. If you have time, please file a bug here‌

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

I did file a bug for this problem and I believe other members of this forum did as well. In fact, one of the staff confirmed that a bug report had been noted by Adobe (it may have been on another thread).

I was sure this was going to be fixed in this update. The whole point of the CLOUD is to seamlessly save files (and backup valuable work) automatically. Adobe is alienating its user base with this kind of lack of attention to major program functions not working...

Thanks for the workaround SKendall, I will try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TLKR,

I did file a bug for this problem and I believe other members of this forum did as well. In fact, one of the staff confirmed that a bug report had been noted by Adobe (it may have been on another thread)

Thanks for that.

I was sure this was going to be fixed in this update.

Sorry, there was not enough time to get that done. We have to team up with Creative Cloud application engineering for the fix. Hopefully, we can get that done in the next version. I apologize for the delay.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines