• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What happened to mini bridge in CC 2014

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating the CC 2014 I can't get to Mini Bridge which I use daily for my texture work. I have 100's of textures and browsing in mini bridge just make it more convenient.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

HI All,

This should answer your question.

Mini Bridge, Kuler, Exchange missing from Photoshop CC 2014

Regards

Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

In the File menu, I can only see Browse in Bridge, not Browse in Minibridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like they took it down Samoreen...I am so upset! I use mini-bridge everyday in my workflow. Wish they would at least give us the option. GRRR!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KellyKay2 wrote:

Looks like they took it down Samoreen.

Yes. Actually, they have removed Flash support in PS extensions. This is a surprising and strange decision which makes a lot of extensions incompatible with PS CS 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI All,

This should answer your question.

Mini Bridge, Kuler, Exchange missing from Photoshop CC 2014

Regards

Arpit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very disappointing to say the least. That was such an important tool for my workflow. Now to have to open file after file in Bridge just does not work for me. I just taught some lady friends how to organize their texture files in Bridge and pull them up from mini-bridge now what? I say PUT IT BACK!!! PLEASE!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible that it's gone.  Must bring it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A work around that works for me;  downsized bridge and made it the same size as mini bridge, you just overlay it over Photoshop and slide the image into the Photoshop work-space, save the size as bride work space

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can still use my original CC and use my mini bridge that way. I do a lot of texture work so using mini bridge is very beneficial. www.kellyhornephotography.com

coneflower and butterfly small.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same problem, but not only this. When I click "browse in Bridge" under File, instead of getting Bridge, the Adobe Creative Cloud window opens on my desktop!  What is going on? How come Adobe took out MiniBridge?  Put it back, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beza wrote:

I have been having the same problem, but not only this. When I click "browse in Bridge" under File, instead of getting Bridge, the Adobe Creative Cloud window opens on my desktop!

I had this problem too. My solution was to uninstall Bridge and reinstall it.

Although the Adobe CC desktop app tells you that Bridge is up-to-date, it is not. PS CC 2014 is aware of this and opens up the CC window to allow you to install the latest version of Bridge. But since the CC desktop app considers that Bridge is already up-to-date, you're entering an endless loop.  Although Bridge might have switched from the "up-to-date" to the "update" state in the CC window after you clicked on "Browse in Bridge" in PS, clicking on "Update" will not update anything. You have to uninstall Bridge first. It's a bug that also hits other apps (like Adobe Extension Manager CC).

This 2014 release has not been tested very much, I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your suggestion: uninstalled and installed Bridge again, but the same happens.  Problem is not solved.  Thanks, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sad truth is that it's gone, however there is a quality work around that works in almost the exact same manner and will allow you to work just as you did... simply open bridge/window and un-check everything except Path Bar then shrink it to the size & location of your liking and save it as a new workspace called "Mini Bridge".  Viola! you can still drag and drop and see your path as you did before... works for me!  Hope this works for you.

[ email signature removed by forum host ]

New Mini Bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion.  This is what I have been doing.  Oh, well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2014 Aug 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me to fix the 'Browse in Bridge' bug (or 'Close and goto Bridge') was reinstalling Photoshop CC (search in Creative Cloud for Older versions). Untll Adobe has a real fix for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea. Can't believe they did away with mini bridge. Thanks for your suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, DarrowDesign!  That's almost as good as Mini-Bridge!  Kudos to ya!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad photoshop 2014
// I want to give it comeback.
T-T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2014 Aug 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess this is what I should do, though I do like some new features in CC 2014. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2015 Feb 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any chance to introduce it again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incorrect; Mini Bridge is not available following your advise. I went to Help, Browse the Apps within Photoshop 2014, and Mini Bridge is not available.

Maria Teresa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, really there is no response. There is NO minibridge. There is no replacement for minibridge. POOF GONE. I should stop asking stupid questions. Go figure a different solution on my own because no one here will help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines