• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

need to find _CF_checkCFForm

Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2007 Jun 29, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the beginning of each page with a form that CF renders, it puts a JS function called _CF_checkWhateverForm. I need to find where in the guts of ColdFusion it is creating this function. When it tries to put the cursor in the first failed validiation area, it doesn't check if it's possible (in my case it's not sue to the fact that its hidden). I want CF to generate that block of code in a try/ catch block. Where do I find that part of the inner workings?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2007 Jul 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote an article on my blog awhile back about customized focus and cfform. It may help you out.

http://www.intersuite.com/client/index.cfm/2006/6/14/CFFORM-and-field-focus-problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2007 Jul 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is what i was looking for. just having some trouble following the JS.

Should
setFocus('focusExample');
be in the manualSubmission() function?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 03, 2007 Jul 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setFocus('focusExample') is a function that iterates over the form named "focusExample" and sets the focus listener on the form elements. In the example I provided, it uses a green halo effect around text fields when focused.

The manualSubmission() function first calls the CFFORM validation routine and then grabs the first error field if the form doesn't validate. You would add your additional checks to the checkForOther().

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it. awesome. Those are 'additional checks' for form validation you're referring to, correct?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation