• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Authorizing Adobe Digital Editions

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2014 Mar 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought new laptop. Downloaded Adobe Digital Editions. Tried to authorize. Received error message that same Adobe ID cannot be used on diff computer.

Not had this issue before since used ADE on both desktop and old laptop. Only have the one eMail address to use as Adobe ID.

How do I authorize

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

The one thing with Adobe Digital Edition is, it is for limited devices.
              When you tried to authorize your device with your adobe id of digital edition, it would have not worked.

Not to worry, you can just through the de-authorize and re-authorize steps to keep your email address working for the device.

In Adobe Digital Edition (ADE), if you press Ctrl+Shift+D (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+D (Mac) will remove the activation on your computer, and allow you to reactivate with a different ID or the same ID when you launch ADE again. 

Press "Ctrl+Shift+E", this will bring up the "Device Deactivation" dialog.

Select your Reader and deactivate it.

Unplug and replug your Reader

The Device Authorization dialog should show up, and you can authorize again with your Adobe ID.

In case if the above steps do not work, you can surely approach Adobe trained agents on adobe.com Monday to Friday on working hours and you will come out with smiling face.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!!

Was finally able to authorize my computer.  Was getting ready to pull my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are most welcome.
Nice to see you happy

At any point of time, you face any issue you can contact Adobe customer service on Adobe digital edition.

Take care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying to resolve this problem for months and finally have my Kobo back. I was starting to think I would never resolve the issue. Thank you times a million!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have completed these steps many many times and still cannot read my library books on my Kobo Ereader - any advice?  Like the others I am ready to pull my hair out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines