• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player has been installed multiple time without errors but bbc news website and even flash player help say it isn't. How do i get out of this loop? - using windows 7 ultimate and latest IE11

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash player has been installed multiple time without errors but bbc news website and even flash player help say it isn't. How do i get out of this loop? - using windows 7 ultimate and latest IE11

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the test page say: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem for WEEKS and I cannot access any sites that use Flash. Flash has been installed on this computer since I bought it in 2012. I have allowed auto updates but for weeks the updates never get past Step 2 - is this because I do NOT want the Google Tool bar? I use NO tool bars as there is only 6 inches of vertical screen space. Is this because I uncheck wanting Chrome as a default browser?  It is already installed, I just don't use it.  I came to this site and ran the check is it installed and the system says it is either not installed or not enabled. Version 14 just downloaded about 30 minutes ago - but did not progress to Step 3 although a pop up screen came up with a finish button, which I clicked. WHAT is the problem and how do I fix it?  If this were just a compatibility bug between IE11 and Adobe they have had plenty of time to fix it.

Stephanie HC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat - thank you - I did that and when prompted, closed IE. Good.  I then came to Adobe to install the latest version - and it went straight to step two and I saw that it was also downloading the bleeping Google tool bar which I DO NOT WANT, and to make Chrome my default browser, which I DO NOT WANT. Has Adobe set it up to sucker us all into doing that????? I cancelled the installation and I do not know what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I cannot check my internet speed for connection problems without Flash.  I cannot access websites that I need to access. If MS and Adobe have a conflict WHEN are they going to fix it????? I did download from which I could not find.   I have been fighting this now for weeks and driving into town to have some local computer tech charge me $50 an hour to fix it is NOT an option.  I have downloaded all the updates but searching for it on my computer brings up a big fat zero.  Were they erased on shut down each time?

I will try again this evening - I am already running late having wasted another hour on this, so if you can suggest anything in the meantime, please, anyone! - I will be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is getting to be too much - I had written a detailed message about what I had done and how it was still not working but half my messages disappeared, and I NEED this to be fixed.  Sorry if I have consolidated a paragraph into a line but I CANNOT sit at this computer any longer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephanie HC wrote:

it was also downloading the bleeping Google tool bar which I DO NOT WANT, and to make Chrome my default browser, which I DO NOT WANT.

Then you did not use the offline installers I posted in my first reply to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did - that was a week ago - if you read what I wrote, I said so.  There is a problem, IF one cannot have IE running - just HOW does one connect with Adobe? So yesterday I tried using Firefox (also installed on this computer) which wants to download a different installer and then go to the downloads folder.  However since I do not usually use Firefox, I was unable to locate the folder. I will find someone to ask. Oh BTW - other people have had the same problem and removed the google tool bar after the fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The offline installers that I posted do not contain any bundled 3rd-party software like Google toolbar, Chrome, or McAfee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines