Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFv10: Mandatory Update Failure

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2014 Mar 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm currently installing CF 10 to a couple of Linux RedHat 6 x86_64 environments.  All is well until I attempt to update the installation.

If I try to run any of the updates, I receive the following error:

Error occurred while downloading the update: Failed Signature verification

A little research taught me that adobe changed their code signing certificate; thus there is a mandatory update that must be run before any other can:   http://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-10-mandatory-update.html  (I double checked our build number, we need this update).

The update won't run.

I followed the instructions found here: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/ColdFusion/10.0/Admin/WSe61e35da8d318518-33adffe0134c60cd31c-7ffe.html  (we're running a standalone installation).

I'm trying to work with the linux console mode instructions. I run:

:/shell>sudo java -jar cf10_mdt_updt.jar

(.:7367): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

I also tried writing a conf file and running in silent mode:

:/shell>sudo java -jar cf10_mdt_updt.jar -i silent -f ./properties_file

(.:7440): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

The properties file looks like:

INSTALLER_UI=SILENT

USER_INSTALL_DIR=[root dir]

DOC_ROOT=[path to doc root]

#The following applies only to multi server scenarios.

#INSTANCE_LIST=cfusion,cfusion1

It looks to me like the "console" version of this installer is attempting to leverage x11... which our servers are never going to install and run.  has anyone else run into this?  Is the installer really that badly conceived or am I doing something wrong?  is there a way to install this mandatory update in a commandline environment?

Thank you

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  I'm facing the same problem - locked down RHEL server with no GUI.

Thanks, Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I placed the cf10_mdt_updt.jar in opt/coldfusion10/jre/bin and then I type : java -jar cf10_mdt_updt.jar and press enter.
I did the same in RHEL 6.1x64. The size of Mandatory update is 4.90 MB

Capture.JPG

HTH

Thanks

VJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2014 Jun 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a RHEL 5.10 server.  The initial install worked fine.  I am switched to root and I've placed the jar file in the location you listed.

When I run just java -jar cf10_mdt_updt.jar, I get "(.:12663): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"

I also created a patch.props file:

INSTALLER_UI=SILENT

USER_INSTALL_DIR=/opt/coldfusion10

DOC_ROOT=/opt/coldfusion10/cfusion/wwwroot

and put it in that directory. 

When I run java -jar cf10_mdt_updt.jar -i silent -f patch.props, I get the same error.

Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see the updated thread. I did as you state and it still gives me the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try to install mandatory update in the terminal of RHEL itself using GUI?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation