• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC (2014) crashing on startup

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop 2014 is crashing on startup after first time install.

Dialog appears "Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 has stopped working"

It seems to happen within seconds of startup about 80% of the time. Other times it will not crash for minutes.

Anyone have any ideas. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Details

OS = Windows 7

64bit

Event log

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: aticaldd64.dll, version: 6.14.10.1607, time stamp: 0x4ea7647e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000441382

Faulting process id: 0xe80

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf8bc9fd247791

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\aticaldd64.dll

Report Id: 44d6d48c-f7bd-11e3-892c-8c89a558c97b

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Clear as crystal: it crashes in your graphics driver. Update it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clear as crystal: it crashes in your graphics driver. Update it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updating worked for me on a AMD 6550 APU graphics card. Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your ATI/AMD graphics card driver is crashing.

Update the drivers from AMD's website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop CC 2014 also crashes on startup and my graphics drivers are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded an update for my driver and no more crashing! Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2014 Jul 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Lenovo Helix with Intel HD 4000 graphics, drivers are up to date per Windows update (8.1), Lenovo System update, and Intel but Photoshop CC 2014 crashes on launch every time (I just installed it which was a poor "install/update" experience).

What should I try next since there are no updates to the graphics drivers in my case? 

Thanks,

Josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2014 Jul 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now Creative Cloud after uninstalling PS 2014 and rebooting (Windows 8.1 x64) has signed me out and the screen is just blank when I launch the installer and I can't sign back in to re-install PS 2014 (I have quit and re-launched several times):

Creative Cloud.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2014 Oct 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Arpit,I am not Ati user. I have a last drivers for NVidia. Thanks for suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same problem using basically the same hardware/OS. Thanks for suggesting updating my video driver. I'm downloading the update as I write this. I'll post my results after my almost certain restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes, updating my video drivers totally fixed my issues with Photoshop crashing just after starting!!! Thanks again fellows!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I have updated my graphics/video drivers and have had no success. I am still crashing upon start up of Photoshop CC 2014. Any other suggestions as to what I should try next? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JT,

See if your video card is on this list:
Photoshop CC and CC 2014 GPU FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have an AMD Radeon 7570, which I assume falls into the 7000 series.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had spoken to Adobe support yesterday when I first found the issue. Although it didn't help me, they had me rename the following files on my Win 7 machine:

Program Files(x86)/Adobe/      I changed it to Program Files(x86)/_Adobe.. and I think I may have only changed a sub-folder, /Adobe/Photoshop to /Adobe/_Photoshop

Program Files/Adobe

and

ProgramData/Adobe/SLStore

As well, after I did that and it didn't work, we checked permissions on the last folder, ensuring everyone had full permission (except for CREATOR OWNER, which seemingly can't be changed).

Despite that not working in my case, just re-naming those folder, at least temporarily and trying to start the program, might help you figure out what the issue is. It's my understanding that presets and paths are in those folders, so if that does work, you'll still have to re-configure some stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, the driver update did not help. I have a AMD Radeon 7570 on a Windows 7 64bit PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were in the same boat. Using the same graphics card and operating system. I've got work piling up so I've just reverted back the old Photoshop CC and keeping my fingers crossed that Adobe gets this straightened out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell OptiPlex 9010.   I am using what I believe to be the latest Catalyst SW version. If anyone finds the issue is corrected by a driver update, please share the version you used.  Photoshop CS6 and Photoshop CC are still installed on the same PC and run without issue, as does LR5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry--- Using AMD Radeon HD 7570 on Dell OptiPlex 9010

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using AMD Raedon HD 7570 on Dell OptiPlex 7010. I'm seeing a common theme here. Someone please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what version would your ATI Catalyst  drivers be?

Catalyst 14.4 is a good release for Photoshop.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got it to work. I uninstalled the video card driver, restarted the computer, than re-installed the driver (one more restart) ==> Photoshop didn't crash anymore. (I also have a AMD Radeon HD 7570 card on WIN7 64bit). Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Catalyst 14.4 drivers do *appear* to be compatible with the Dell AMD Radeon HD 7570.  At least the first time through.  I have a project I need to get out the door right now but will retry later.  If anyone is able to confirm Catalyst 14.4 install on Dell AMD HD 7570 1GB would LOVE to hear about it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say about the 7570, but I've been using Catalyst 14.4 on an ATI Radeon HD 7850 since the day 14.4 was released (April 26, 2014) with zero problems.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same problem and couldn't get the Catalyst 14.4 drivers to install on Dell OptiPlex 9010 with Radeon 7570.  Finally after hours of messing with this installed the beta Catalyst drivers from AMD site and everything, including PS appears to be working good now.  What a pain!  Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines