Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why will flash player 14 not load into my mac book pro

Jun 15, 2014 Jun 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to load in the latest adobe flash player. I keep getting an error on my mac book pro.

I have checked the book out with mac and there is plenty of memory space and nothing wrong with it.

I have uninstalled all older versions of the player from both my user applications and from the hd app library. I have managed to re-install the installer package but cannot upload the player

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What is the error being returned?

Please post the contents of the /Users/<YourUserID>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log for the install attempts that are failing.  These will be listed at the end of the file.  Each attempt begins and ends with --- log start ---  and --- log end ---.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my iMac with Marvericks. I tried several time to install the new flash player (and removed the old one between) but the results are always the same. He don't download the files needed after I started the install program. Also not when I disable the firewall. Now I have removed my old flash player I have a big problem, what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LABO Photography,

Can you please provide the error you are seeing and the contents of the install log file, as requested from the other user in my previous comment?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have tried to find the file but it is not there. I have started again the install but it don't create nothing in the log directory.

He just stays on 0% and after that there is no decent error message (see screenshot)

Hope you can help me to solve this.

Kind Regards, Lex Ouwendijk

Op 19 jun. 2014, om 19 jun. 2014 23:41 heeft m_vargas <forums_noreply@adobe.com> het volgende geschreven:

why will flash player 14 not load into my mac book pro

created by m_vargas in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

Hi LABO Photography,

Can you please provide the error you are seeing and the contents of the install log file, as requested from the other user in my previous comment?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at https://forums.adobe.com/message/6475159#6475159

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/thread/416458?tstart=0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"/Users/<YourUserID>/Library/Logs/FlashPlayerInstallManager.log" ... no such file is being created for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There are several different issues being reported here and it's difficult to address each one in a single thread.  Ideally, different issues are reported in different threads to keep responses cohesive and meaningful.

We'd appreciated it if you could provide more information on the error being displayed as it will help us resolve these issues.  If Flash Player has been installed before, the log file should exist, unless it was manually deleted (Flash Player doesn't delete the install log file).  Please try accessing it using the Console app (/Applications/Utilties) and look for FlashPlayerInstallManager.log in the left pane. It should be in ~/Library/Logs.

If you'd simply like to install Flash Player, please use the offline installer posted here Mac: Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers).  We suspect using the offline installer will solve the issues being encountered.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I have tried to install the offline installer and now it works perfect. I'm happy the problem is solved.

Unfortunately you are right by saying that I have removed all previous flash player files (inclusive the log files) manually after I detected the install problems with version 14, so I can't help you with further solving the online install problem.

Thanks for helping me out with the offline version.

Kind regards, Lex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

I'm glad the offline installer worked for you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines