• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do you enjoy gaming? No. How do I get rid of the Playpanel installation prompt?

Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is the flash update prompting me to install extra software? Why can I not opt out? Why do they threaten to install it anyway after 45 days?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What extra software?  From where are you downloading it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of that update prompt: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access the prompt now, it shows up sometimes when I restart my computer. It's the default Adobe (flash) update prompt, it tries to sell in the Adobe Playpanel, and tells me that it will be installed automatically within 45 days if I don't do it now. There is no explicit option to opt out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've never seen that before.  I suggest that you download/install Flash Player updates manually, from

If you see that prompt again, please try to take a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines