Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What replaces connectstring

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Currently trying to work on a "project" in which I would be updating an application to use CF11, I believe its still using 7 at the moment. I've been searching online and haven't had any luck so far. As of CF11 connectstring was removed, what can I use in place of it? I've looked for old documentation and that's hard to get a hold of, but I believe it was deprecated in CF5. I don't necessarily NEED the answer (while that would be helpful), even some direction on where to look would be nice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@arusso,

I assume you are talking about a database "connection string".  What type of database are you connecting to (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, etc.)?  If it is one of the dozen or so databases that has drivers packaged in ColdFusion already, there should be a place to enter a connection string in the Data Source's configuration page within ColdFusion Administrator (you'll need to click the "Show Advanced Settings" button to see it).  However, in many cases you don't need to enter a connection string - just entering the basic database server/name and credentials is all that is needed.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must be talking either about the connectstring attribute for tags or the connection string attribute in the datasource settings. The connectstring attribute for the tags cfquery, cfupdate, etc. was deprecated at version MX, hence long before Coldfusion 11. When you come across it in your code, you may delete it.

The issue reported as 'ConnectString attribute in ColdFusion MX 7 datasources does not work as expected' is related to the above, and was fixed many versions ago. As Carl says, you practically no longer need to enter a connection string in the datasource settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation