• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

captivate corrupt file

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2007 Jun 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a few small edits this morning to a large file I have been working on for two weeks now and after I saved, restarted my computer and tried to reopen the file it is now promting me to overwrite the file or save as before it opens. Doesn't matter what option i choose it tells me the file is corrupt. I'm really upset about this. I have done some forum searching and I have tried to import my main file into a new blank project and i get the same error. I have reinstalled captivate (btw i'm using version 2) and i still get the error. Does anyone have any other sugestions to help me solve my problem or am I just SOL? Thank you in advance for any solution right or wrong!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 04, 2007 Jul 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Did you originally create the movie in Captivate 1? If so, I would try to open it in there. The only time I get the Overwrite\Save As prompt is when I try to open a file I created in Captivate 1 in Captivate 2. Another thing I would try is opening it on another machine. I've seen instances where the file would simply not open on my machine, but did on another colleague's. If this is the case get them to copy the project into another captivate file, save it and give it back to you. Like I said, I have seen that work before, but I can't explain why it happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the file was created in version 2 and i tried opening it on a different machine. i also tried opening a blank file and tried to import that file into it. none of the above worked. i do save different version of my project so i just had to take a few steps back. For anyone who reads this i sugest you back up your file often!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi aphexburn

For you as well as anyone that may read this thread, you may be interested in an article.

Click here to read the article

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources