• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm on Robohelp 10. How can I embed a Comcast video in Robo Help?

Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

After inserting a Comcast video file, I am able to see the video in Preview. But when I generate a CHM output, the video doesn't play. If Comcast is not compatible with Robo Help 10, can you tell me which video file/format will will be?

Thanks,

Indrasish.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say "Comcast video"?

To my knowledge, Comcast is simply a network system. Are you perhaps saying a video that is stored on the Comcast system? What format is the video in (MP4, FLV, Etc) and where is it located (local file system, hosted on GoDaddy, Etc)?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

Thanks for replying. I am talking about .wmv file extension.

Indrasish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool and good to know. What about the second question about where it is located?

Are you trying to present a video that is actually on a server somewhere? Or are you embedding it inside the CHM?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's located in my local folder. I am trying to embed the video in my Robo Help 10 file. And then when I am generating a CHM output, the video is not playing, although it's playing in Preview.

Thanks,

Indrasish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From what I see in the link below your best bet is to convert the WMV to a Flash format and embed that.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp