• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC desktop app (windows) doesn't show latest versions of CC apps for installation. How do I fix it?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a CC member since the start; about 6 months ago the CC desktop app on my main desktop PC stopped showing the latest versions of most applications (for example Photoshop, Illustrator, etc., only showed the 'CS' version), and stopped giving me alerts of updates. It still works fine on my (much lower spec) laptop.

I tried the various fixes (e.g. deleting the opm.db file in 'AppData/Local/adobe/OODB) but it didn't resolve the problem; I had a work around (downloading installation files from the Adobe website, and using the 'check updates' function in all of the apps).

With the recent up update, and the release of the '(2014)' versions, these work arounds no longer work. The CC Desktop app still does not show most current applications, and trying to download apps from the Adobe website sends me to the CC Desktop app, which then doesn't download the new application.

I foolishly thought a completely clean installation might help, so I uninstalled all my Adobe apps, ran the 'cleaner' app, & tried over ... things have gone from bad to worse, because I can't even get the old (pre-'2014') versions of the desktop applications to download in order to install.

My immediate problem is not having a working version of Photoshop on my main PC - the 'CS' version is available to me through the CC Desktop app, but not the 'CC' or 'CC (2014)' versions.

The spec of the PC is above the minimum spec for the 'CC' apps, so I don't think that is the problem.

- Win 7 Pro SP 1, 64-bit

- Intel i7-3770K (3.5Ghz quad core)

- 16GB RAM

- 650GB free disk space

- etc.

Any ideas welcomed as to how to resolve this; I'm at my wits end ...

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Just had a very productive chat session with the support team, who quickly diagnosed & resolved the problem. The CC Desktop app was running in 'Vista' compatibility mode for some bizarre reason; switched that off & it now works as expected.

Many thanks to the Adobe support team for resolving my problem!

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bluemoose67,

Please check the thread : https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1478949

Regards,

Rave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rave, but unfortunately that does not address my problem - my PC comfortably exceeds the minimum spec for the applications.

Of the three onward links from that page -

(1) "For additional information please see Creative Cloud Help | Missing CC apps from my Creative Cloud Desktop app" is a dead link (>"Sorry, this page is not available")

(2) "If you have confirmed that your computer meets and exceeds all of the listed System requirements then please see CC desktop lists applications as "Up to Date" when not installed." I had already worked through the 'solutions' on that page, culminating in the (bad) advice in 'Solution 4' which is what has got me into this current mess;

(3) "If you have already have Download Adobe Creative Cloud application you can use Download Center : Adobe Creative Cloud for your Product Download." isn't helpful as the download links send me back to the CC Desktop app, & it still won't allow me to download the 'CC' or 'CC (2014)' applications.

Thanks again, but do you have any other suggestions?

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bluemoose67 you may want to review Not all apps displayed for download | Creative Cloud desktop app, Adobe Application Manager.

I have updated the previously referenced discussion as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff; unfortunately that link doesn't seem to be relevant to my problem. I'm running Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit & although I have a problem with all the 'CC' & 'CC(2014)' applications, my priority issue is Photoshop - the CC desktop app is only showing me 'Photoshop CS6' as available to download & install.

Is there anyway to escalate this issue, as it's causing me significant problems.

Thanks,

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ian have you contacted our support team directly regarding the difficulties you are facing.  The solutions discussed and you have implemented have resolved the issue for most other users.  I would recommend you contact our support team directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issues you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK; thanks Jeff, I'll do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just had a very productive chat session with the support team, who quickly diagnosed & resolved the problem. The CC Desktop app was running in 'Vista' compatibility mode for some bizarre reason; switched that off & it now works as expected.

Many thanks to the Adobe support team for resolving my problem!

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines