• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Display Audio Waveforms in Timeline, Premiere Pro CC

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using Premiere Pro CC, watched all the turorials, and started a project. I am wondering how to display audio as waveforms in the timeline. I have tried suggestions like checking and unchecking rectify audio waveforms, but have not been able to get actual waveforms in the main timeline. It seems like there used to be disclosure triangles in a previous version, but there are none in this version.

Screen Shot 2013-09-07 at 4.05.45 PM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

You need to Expand the Audio Track (Scroll wheel in the track header or drag edge downward)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to Expand the Audio Track (Scroll wheel in the track header or drag edge downward)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am physically unable to do this with my mouse. All I can accomplish is dragging the audio track to the track below.

Can anyone show a picture of where I click to expand this audio track?

Come on, Adobe, bring back the disclosure triangles. Don't limit us to mouse-based moves for basic tasks. Without the triangle, I can't see the forms. Without the forms, I can't edit. Who has time for this?

UPDATE: OK I figured it out, you have to hoover on the side of the track not the track itself. This is still stupid imo. But thanks PP for the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2013 Nov 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the timeline, click on the Wrench icon and select Expand All Tracks and boom... waveform!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2014 Sep 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this helped me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ty magician

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2014 Jul 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you know you if you are not keen on the mouse scroll, you can also select the track and use alt and + or - to expand or collapse for audio tracks etc.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2014 Jul 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may be helpful:

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this was all that i was looking for. thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great shortcut, solved the issue for me!  Premier seems to minimise the timeline panels on smaller screens(laptop) which threw me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2015 Oct 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing the same thing.

Play the audio in the Source window and waveform will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 26, 2015 Mar 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or double click on the inside of the track, near the mute/solo function.

Also I sometimes find a glitch where the waveform does not show. Try (and I don't know how to word this) making your timeline longer (expanding timeline view?). I have a custom shortcut set up like FCP to do this by clicking command +/-. Usually when the timeline is longer the waveform appears. I don't know why this glitch exists, but it's small time compared to the other long list of other stupid behaviors in what is Adobe Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, I'm on a mac and have a customized keyboard starting with the fpc7 settings.  I need to hold the option key down when scrolling to expand the tracks.    when I saw your post I tried using the scroll wheel over the track header and nothing happened.  I figured it couldn't hurt to hold the option key down.  and it works.  thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did expand the audio on timeline still can not see the waves. I can not add my screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the same wrench: Show audio waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. I try everything and still I do not see any waveforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gregbemadadobe I found them under the Wrench tool and click the show audiowaves. I still can not adjust it like in the tutorial?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and still no audiowaves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very thanks, i'm form Brazil and you save my life!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not sure how this works but I did finally find the waves by going to the wrench toll and clinking on the show audio waves but I still can not adjust it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you doing this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, I have expanded the track, gone to the "wrench" icon and made sure the "show wave forms is ticked but still no wave forms are showing in the time line. All the above solutions do not work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok just found the solution, you need to reboot Premiere to get the changes to work otherwise nothing happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines