Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print goes though but crashes every time on multiple files

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

While we continue to work with EFI to permanently resolve this issue, we have made a workaround available through the following article:

InDesign CC 2014 | Crash while printing to Fiery RIP | Mac OS

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 126 Replies 126
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, only it doesn't have to be multiple files. After printing any InDesign file it crashes. Prints fine though. Mac OS X 10.9.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated about 2 hours. Every single job crashes. Annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a little success when not clicking on the "Printer..." button (in the print dialogue box), to change specific printer options. But it doesn't seem to be a bullet-proof solution. Crashes sometimes, not others, but can't nail down a pattern. We upgraded two Macs, same problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide some more information related to this :

1) Which printer you are trying to print on? Would be helpful if you could provide us the name of the printer, driver information etc.

2) Is there any particular step after which InDesign Crashes or Just clicking on Print in the print dialog is crashing InDesign?

Looks like the issue is on Mavericks? Anyone facing this issue on any other platform?

Thanks,

Dinkar

InDesign Engineering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X 10.9.3, iMac 27-in, Mid 2011, 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, 12GB RAM

Printer: Xerox 550-560 Integrated Fiery, Driver Version 1.0

Once print dialogue box disappears, 2 second delay, then Mac "rainbow death wheel" then InDesign crashes.

Also note from previous post: "Having a little success when not clicking on the "Printer..." button (in the print dialogue box), to change specific printer options. But it doesn't seem to be a bullet-proof solution. Crashes sometimes, not others, but can't nail down a pattern. We upgraded two Macs, same problems."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't really matter if I use command-P or through file menu. Prints the job, delay. Crash. Then when you reboot all the other files that crashed reopen. Not ready for prime time. Sticking with CC13. Printing to Ricoh 651 via Fiery RIP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am crashing when printing as well - even if I don't select printer to access print features in the print menu. Running Indesign cc 2014 with all updates installed for Indesign and printer. The printer is a Xerox J75 with EXJ75 rip.

Mac Pro Late 2013

3.7Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon E5

16Gb 1867 DDR3 Ram

AMD Firepro D300 2048mb

OS X 10.9.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Xerox have informed me EFI have confirmed this is an Adobe issue and made Adobe aware.

How long are we looking at to get a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You all might want to try reinstalling the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would that do if the print driver is the same version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe nothing, or it might clean up the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I thing tried was to reinstall the print driver. No luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid that's all I've got...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, crashes when finishing printing process, never happened before.

And no - it's not the driver or Mavericks - It functioned without problems before installing CC 2014,

except the rising amount of bugs in Indesign...

Info

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro10,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2,3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP101.00EE.B02

OSX

Mavericks 10.9.3

Printer

Develop Ineo+ 552 (Konica Minolta) with EFI Fiery E10 50-45C KM PS Color Server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Running Mavericks 10.9.3, printing to a Konica BizHub C6000 with Fiery Rip.

Print driver: Fiery E00 70-60C-KM PS Color Server 1.0

InDesign CC >> No Issue. InDesign CC 2104 >> File prints, but InDesign crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I seem to be having the same problem. Indesign CC 2014 crashes after printing. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, all was fine with Indesign CC but when i downloaded CC 2014 it crashes every print.

iMac

Xerox 700i printer using latest efi fiery driver off of Xerox's website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  I am using same printer, same driver, same OS.  I have had problems with Adobe CC InDesign and was hoping that installing (2014) would help.  My problem just got bigger.  My crash reports have been going to Adobe for over a year and I get no relief.  I guess they have bigger problems.  Meanwhile, I can't run my business...  I need an alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you printing to? RIP? Have you deleted print driver and reinstalled or created a new log in?  Is this across multiple machines? If you're having trouble in CC I would expect the same in CC14. Most of us are just getting this problem in ID CC14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was replying to sigdesign as I am running the same and printing to the same, but I have a Macbook Pro early 2013 vintage.

Macbook Pro

Xerox 700i printer using latest efi fiery driver off of Xerox's website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might try, if you have the time and haven't done this yet, a clean install of 10.9 (google how to make a bootable usb with 10.9) as i only started having these issues with CC 2014. CC was fine no issues across 4 different macs. Sounds like you're experiencing a bigger problem here, i think the issue most of us are reporting has something to do with indesign CC 2014 specifically, i had to reinstall CC so that i could print without crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I reading this right: you had to uninstall original version of ID CC and reinstall ID CC to get ID CC14 to print correctly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry, I mean i had to reinstall CC because CC 2014 always crashes now. CC never crashes for me when printing so now i have stopped using CC 2014 and gone back to the last version of CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigdesign,

I just got done with a clean install of OS 10.9.3 on my Macbook Pro, early 2013 vintage.  After restoring from Time Machine, I had to reinstall the printer driver before re-adding the Xerox.  Then I went and printed using the Fiery Features through the print dialog.  Everything works fine now in Adobe CC InDesign.  But in Adobe CC InDesign (2014), we are still crashing the application on a print to the Xerox 700i Digital Color Press.

The interesting thing is, if I print to the Xerox 700i without accessing the printer features through the print dialog box, it prints fine, no crash.  But then I have no access to the features of that nice printer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines