Exit

Search functionality in Robohelp 11 Webhelp out put is not functioning

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Greetings to everyone.

Recently, my company has upgraded from Robohelp 9 to Robohelp 11. When we are generating webhelp output, the search functionality is not working. When we try to enter a word in the search box, it is not performing any search or it is displaying an messages stating , 'void'.

Is it s a bug which needs to be fixed or is there any other issues causing this problem.

I have checked the contents inside the  Whxdata  folder. I have the following JS files.

Javascript.png

Is there any JS files missing. I have also checked the sample projects that is shipped along with RH11 - Employee Care. I tried to generate the webhelp from those projects as well. However, the search function is not working. We have reinstalled the software as well. However there is no fix.

Let me know if there is any fix for it.

Regards,

Parag Deb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you completely patched up in RH11? If so, check what browser you are trying to use – there may be issues with IE10/11 and Chrome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for replying, We have checked in both Mozilla and IE 9. It does not work. The cloud based application runs on Mozilla, So it has to work in Mozilla.

Regards,

Parag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What’s your point version of RH11? There’s been at least one patch issued already. You should also check your browsers for enabling JavaScript – that may be what’s shutting down the Search function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp