Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Streaming from Digital Rapids to Flash Media Server

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using a Digital Rapids StreamZ encoder (version 3.8.0) to stream towards YouTube, Dailymotion, Akamai. I wish to install a Flash server on the same VLAN as my Digital Rapids in order to check the encoding in case there is an issue on YT/DM's side. I therefore downloaded Adobe Flash Media Server and now wish to send my stream towards the AMS. Which Server URL and Stream Name should I use to configure my Digital Rapids? How should I configure the AMS to receive the stream from the DR?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice,

mdicamp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Resolved: another Flash Server was installed on the same server, and had priority on the port configurations. I uninstaled it and the streaming towards AMS works fine. Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current Server URL I am using in Digital Rapids' output is: rtmp://<AMS IP address>/live and the Stream Name is: streamtest.

The Stream URL I enter in the "Stream Your Own Video" section of the Sample Video Player is: rtmp://localhost/live/mp4:streamtest.f4v

However, I get a "Failed to Start Encoding" error message on my DR. This happens when the destination address is incorrect, as I manage to stream easily towards YouTube on the same session.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Digital Rapids doesn't seem to recognize my destination Server URL. I guess it is because of a port issue.

Checking the ports situation on my AMS Server (cmd -> netstat -an), I realise port 1935 (which receives RTMP) is only listening locally (127.0.0.1:1935) instead of to the exterior (I would like to have 0.0.0.0:1935). The application does not seem to have forced the port to open (I don't have any firewall).

I hope this helps move anyone forward in helping me out. Thanks in advance !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resolved: another Flash Server was installed on the same server, and had priority on the port configurations. I uninstaled it and the streaming towards AMS works fine. Hope this helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines