Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the activex controls for flash player could not be registered

Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the activex controls for flash player could not be registered

i have had this problem for a while and cannot seem to get around it please post anyreliable suggestions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 15, 2013 May 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tried but couldn't get SublnAc file to install on the machine properly i can on another but not that oneCapture1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try restarting Windows, then install SubInACL again.

If the error persists, try http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am sure reinstalling windows will work but this computer is a CPA's and it took several days to install and update all his tax programs with updates and map every year to the server's database i was hoping for an easier fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, reinstalling Windows is a bit drastic!  Have you tried the Microsoft Fixit that I posted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it didn't workstill get the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any other idea i have tried anything i have read for the past 2 weeks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edk.PNG

this is what i get when i try to load flash still looking for help

thanks

Please anone any suggestions i cannot be the onlyone with this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is actually quite rare, and in most (but not all!) cases SubInACL will fix the registry permission problems.  However, since you are unable to install SubInACL, I have no other ideas how to proceed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually i was able to load it but it didn't help i still get the above message any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2013 May 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you went through all the steps in the permissions FAQ, then I have no other ideas.  A Windows repair install may fix the problem, but I'm not even sure about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add some additional misery to this thread. I have this exact same issue. Windows 7.

The issue started several weeks ago, when a flash update failed to install. Everything seemed fine other than every reboot, this flash update would fail (and in fact would "hang"), but flash itself continued to work.

Yesterday, it stopped completely. It said flash wasn't installed.  I've tried:

1. Completely uninstalling flash (it is not in Add/remove programs) but using the techniques and videos offered by Adobe to remove the files, using their uninstaller, etc.

2. Perform the fix as outlined in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/987370 which including installing SubACL, the batch file, etc.  The batch file ran successfully, but did not solve the problem.

3. I've tried Windows System restore, but it doesn't seem to go back far enough.

4. I've tried the fixit identifed above in this thread and while it solves certain problems, still doesn't solve my issue.

5. I've tried installing using the stand alone EXE and MSI from Adobe.

6. I've tried the 11.9 beta.

None of these have worked and all result in the "failed to register" error.  I'm currently using the flash built into Google Chrome as I needed to have some working flash component.

Anyone else have any ideas whatsoever short of a Windows reinstallation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried repairing Internet Explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is tennisbetsy my problem is that i cannot even install flash player i get the permission error right off the bat                       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too in WinXP, SP2, X86, With Internet Explorer 8.

I have 2 Browser installed : Firefox 25.0.1 and IE 8.

The flash player(14.0.0.125) has been installed successfully without any error. but Flash Player for IE8 dos'nt install and says : The Activex Control for Flash Player Could not be registered!

it is amazing that none of the profassionals in Adobe Co. can't help to solve this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

golmohammadi wrote:

it is amazing that none of the profassionals in Adobe Co. can't help to solve this problem!

It's a permission problem on your computer; not much that Adobe can do about it.

But try using the MSI installer; it seems to require less permissions than the EXE: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_14_active_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, dear Pat

you made me so happy!!!!  I'm not able to say it with words!

I downloaded the msi file . and then I started to installing it with fear and sadness! but it worked! and now I'm very satisfied with you!

God bless you!

So many thanks, my best wishes for you

Golmohammadi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,dear Pat

you did a great job! well done! I'm very grateful to you because you solved my difficulty in installing flash player for IE8 .

my best wishes for you

Golmohammadi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines