Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH 11 - getting error message HHcomponentActivator is undefined

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I get this message 'HHcomponentActivator is undefined' often, for example when previewing a topic.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

Anat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Questions...

Is this a project that has been upgraded from an older version?

Does this occur for each and every topic you try and preview or only for select topics?

Does the topic have any HTML Help controls inside it? (Shortcut, etc)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. The project is upgraded from RH 10

2. Yes

3. Has breadcrumbs in each topic applied using a master page

My main concern is about the "transparent " build tag inserted in magic by the system.

Thanks for your help.

Anat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On behalf of Rick to help him when the US wakes up, you have answered Yes but is that Yes to it happens in all topics or Yes to just select topics.

At first I was confused by the reference here to "transparent" but then I saw you have another thread running on that. Are you saying you have identified some link between these two issues?

Re: text disappears in browser

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

No – haven’t identified link between these two issues.

Yes – it happens to just a few topics.

Furthermore – I have noticed other problems while working with RH 11.

1. After generating to multiscreen HTML 5 – when I open in Chrome – when scrolling down very long topics in the content pane the navigation area 'moves up' , i.e cant see search field or TOC.

2. When viewing the output in IE the magnifier icon in the search field moves – it is shown underneath the search field.

3. In the Screen Layout Editor (knowledge base) , Topic default – I can see the next and previous buttons , but they don’t show up in browsers after generation

I am just noting my concerns if I choose to upgrade to RH 11.

Thanks for your help.

Anat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The additional problems you have now noted would be best posted in the RoboHelp HTML5 forum. I think you may find some of them already covered there.

Hopefully having clarified things here, Rick will be able to respond to the HHComponentActivator issue later. He is US based.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning

Can you please duplicate one of the topics exhibiting the HHComponentActivator message and remove any sensitive content, then copy and post the HTML code here.

I'd like to see what may be triggering the message. I can also insert the code into one of my own RoboHelp projects and see if I get the same message. (That would rule out any RoboHelp installation issues)

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick,

I have decided to stay with RH 10 for now.

Thanks for your help.

Anat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp