• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the flash player upgrade file installed in Win 7?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I install a flash player update it gets installed without any indication of the update folder destination so I have no ideas where the update file got installed. Also once installed the file mysteriously disappears from its downloaded folder unlike any other upgrade install behavior in the PC world.

So my questions are:

a)  Particularly for windows 7, where does the installed update file get installed (what folder)?

b) Is there any way I can keep the flash update file in its downloaded folder once the file gets installed. I don’t want the file going away. I want it to remain in the downloaded folder even AFTER it gets installed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi screenperson581,

On the Windows operating system, Flash Player is installed to the following locations:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash (32-bit operating system)

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (64-bit operating system).

If you use the web installer, which it appears you are using, the installer will delete itself when executed.  This is by design.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, thanks for the response.

Regarding the installer deleting itself that I understand but the upgrade file itself should remain in case I need to use the file again. So are you implying that by design adobe deletes the installer App but ALSO the update file? What rationale would there be for also killing the update file?

Keep in mind that no one else in the universe does this type of "kill the update" in addition to the installer App behavior once the update is installed. Everyone else just leaves the downloaded update file in the download folder since an installer App and its corresponding update file are two different things. .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines