• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 - Is it possible to change the TOC icon for just one "book" in the TOC. See the attached screen shot.

Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my current Help project, I have one set of topics that are specific to use of our product in one country.  I would like to change the TOC icon for the specific book without changing all of the "purple book" icons.

Thanks.

toc_1.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Hi there

Likely possible to achieve, but if it is, it will require modification of JavaScript code and some "behind the scenes" files. You would also be painted into the corner of having to make the same modifications each time you generate the output.

If anyone knows how to make it happen, it will be Willam. Perhaps he will pop in and advise.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely possible to achieve, but if it is, it will require modification of JavaScript code and some "behind the scenes" files. You would also be painted into the corner of having to make the same modifications each time you generate the output.

If anyone knows how to make it happen, it will be Willam. Perhaps he will pop in and advise.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No sorry this is not possible, but you may want to look at using the Dynamic User Centric Control functionality to have a drop down that specific sets of users could use to limit the content they see. It is available from RH9 or later. See Dynamic User-Centric Content (DUCC) generation in RoboHelp 9 « Technical Communication Suite for more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether you can do this depends on how much time you are willing to invest. The easy answer is 'no'.

Having said that, it is possible to change the script to change the icon for a specific page. For this, you need to change the output files and you must create an exception to the regular mechanism. Best of all, you need to hard code the topic title/url to do this. This is a typical case of 'I offer consultancy for these kinds of things'. PM me if you want to know more.

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, who gets the "Correct Answer" award ??? I'll have to go with Cap'r. He was first to reply.  Thanks to Captiv8r, Robocolum(n), and WvW. I would love to have a unique icon for one book but there's no budget, etc. and no time for me to learn JS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp