• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Auto Upgrade ver 14, Won't Install: Error- Unable to Register

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Flash Player Upgrade attempted to install but stopped and gave me an error: Unable to Register. I have been all through the forums and I believe I have tried everything suggested.  These have been my attemptsOS - Windows XP Pro, latest updates loaded.

1- I read a suggestion to attempt a "clean install" .  I watched the YOUTUBE video that was on the page and followed it exactly.  Attempted to re-install ver 14, and recieved the same error. this is the link to the page I followed: Can not install Adobe Flash Player. Error messages are "Failed to - Microsoft Community

2- I also downloaded the SubInACL file and the  reset_fp10.zip file, followed the instructions and ran the file.  Attempted to re-install ver 14 and got the same error, unable/failed to register.

3- I have attempted this numerous ways, rebooting the computer in between each change, re-booting after I did all, and nothing seems to work.

4- Downloaded Mozilla Firefox  at someones suggestion, attempted to download and install, still the same error.

5- When I open AOL, it attempts to install Flash Runtime and the same thing happens.  Error, Failed to Register.

6- Purchased a Registry Editor/Cleaner.  Ran this cleaner and it did speed up my computer.  Did clean uninstall of Flash Player making sure no files were on my computer. Same error.

7- Finally, contacted Adobe by phone.  The tell me they can help and try to fix the problem, but it will cost me $39.95 per instance. And, I didn't get any warm feeling that there was a gaurantee that they could fix it. In fact, i could hardly understand the indian speaking tech support.

8- I also was told that after 1pm EDT, the new Adobe help page would be up and there would be a fix on it.  Now, 3:20 EDT, and the page is still not up.

Anyone have any suggestions to fix this.  I want to avoud the "F" word ,,, Format and re-install from scratch just to get this fixed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using WinXP (Home Edition) with Service Pack 3, and IE ver 8.  When I tried the auto upgrade to Ver 14, I got the same results as you -- "failed to register".  What tickes me off the most is that the auto upgrade deleted the previous version of FlashPlayer that worked fine.  Now I get no flash content using IE8,

Like you, I tried to install a previous version of FlashPlayer and got the idotic response "you need to install the latest version, Ver 14" which caused all the problems.

Maybe the brainworks at Adobe can develop a fix soon.

If not, I will never install another Adobe product on my newer Win8 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finally bailed from IE8 and went with Crome. Flash is integrated I to the browser. Prefer IE8,, but change must happen. I agree about Adobe ,,, horrible business practice

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener

Thank-you for your assistance! I logged on the website you suggested, completed the install, and everything is working fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In most cases the MSI installer will get you around the "failed to register" problem: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_14_active_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HaHa ,,, I tried everything ,, nothing worked ,, then AOL pops up with an upgrade to the 9.7 version. Literally took less than 3 minutes to upgrade the software ,, and when I open IE8 and load a Flash object ,, IT WORKS ,,,, Stupid *&^%ng Adobe Software ,,,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines