• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get the search function to work in IE 11?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have RoboHelp 10 and am producing webhelp output.

I have an issue currently where the search function will not work properly in IE 11. If I search, it just hangs without returning any matches at all. I have noticed this is most likely to happen with very commonly occurring words that are used through the help project (it is a large project). If I search on less commonly occurring words, I am more likely to have results returned.

One of my users says he gets the following script shown at the end of the browser help page when it has hung for a while without returning anything:

"% remains at 0%, IE message  finally displays that webcoretest-2k8  is failing to respond and IE status bar contains 'javascript:void(0);"

This problem does not occur in Chrome or Firefox, however, we need our customers to be able to use IE.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got all the current patches for RH10? If so & it’s still happening, you may have to try adding the site to your Trusted Sites list for IE 11 to “work nice”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Not sure if I have all the current patches for RH10 although having checked my RH app, it says it has updated with all the latest updates.

Our IT department has disabled the ability to add sites to our Trusted Sites list as part of our corporate build so am unable to test that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam van Weelden has compiled an excellent list of all the patches.

RoboHelp Patches and Updates | WvanWeelden.eu

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks for the link. I have installed all the patches for RoboHelp and recompiled the help.

It seemed to be OK when I opened it locally however, when I embedded it in a local build of our product and ran it in IE 11, the issue was still there plus some topics appeared to be missing. This was not the case when it was run in other browsers.

So, I deleted all my temporary internet files to see if that made a difference - and it did. It would seem that IE 11 was continuing to reference an older version of the help and ignoring the latest one - I have no idea why. I don't know if this will happen when our users use the help however as I'm not a technical person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp