• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Muse CC 2014 asking me for a serial number?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Why the new Adobe Muse CC (2014) is asking me to put a serial number?? I have a Creative Cloud membership for Muse product that i pay per month.

Creative Cloud applications unexpectedly revert to trial mode | CS6, CCM

Creative Cloud applications ask for serial number

Creative Cloud products launch in trial mode on non-English operating systems | CCM, CS6

Try all the thing above, but nothing works. Help please!

Thanks.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

You will need to remove any line in your hosts file that contains Adobe servers. This can block your machine from activating Muse.

Mac: /etc/hosts

Win: C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

You'll need to restart Muse after editing and saving the file.

Please let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chat Now button near the bottom for Activation and Deactivation problems may help

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-deactivation-products.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm.. Not working. It's funny because if i close the popup window with the options "license from this software" or "Continue the trial version" , Muse works correctly... It is a bug or the 30 days trial period are counting?Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe application manager is causing conflict, if you tried to install illegally look for any folder or application Adobe aplication manager and I removed and emptied the trash, in my case use Clean my Mac, but empty it works, then muse and I try to open Adobe Aplication Manager thought this was necessary, I went to applications / muse / uninstall, delete the same way everything related to creative cloud even from applications / utilities and emptied the trash and went to download the desktop application on my mac, installed it, got an error but will try again, installed, download Muse and ready! worked (for me, maybe also helped remove the records in the hosts)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

me too. All of my apps including Acrobat(!) are doing the same thing for the past week.

Can we get a pro-rated refund for the time we can't access our software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2014 Jun 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is apparently an issue. i had tech support do remote access for an hour and they fixed nothing. getting a a little ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

If you cannot reach https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/aents/status.jsp please ensure that it is not being redirected in your hosts file (C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts on Windows, /etc/hosts on Mac) and that no firewall software is blocking attempts to reach the lm.licenses.adobe.com server.

Thanks,

Colby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for me this happened on two different machines, on two separate networks at the same time. I'm quite convinced this is Adobe's issue for most of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Muse worked BEFORE the update, it should work AFTER the update. I'm not sure why it would all-of-the-sudden be blocking attempts to reach the licenses server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

r3vvedup and Bfirst786 - Are you able to reach https://lm.licenses.adobe.com/aents/status.jsp in your browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. I've done all the workarounds WRT my firewalls and hosts files, etc. Adobe's PR reps said "it's the user's fault for signing out" Adobe Creative Cloud 2014: Progress and pain in the usual places • The Channel

The thing is, not only didn't I not sign out--CC App manager didn't give me the option to sign out. And this happened simultaneously on two machines connected to different networks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no. I've done all the workarounds WRT my firewalls and hosts files, etc. Adobe's PR reps reportedly recently said "it's the user's fault for signing out"

The thing is, not only didn't I not sign out--CC App manager didn't give me the option to sign out. And this happened simultaneously on two machines connected to different networks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope...doesnt work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to remove any line in your hosts file that contains Adobe servers. This can block your machine from activating Muse.

Mac: /etc/hosts

Win: C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

You'll need to restart Muse after editing and saving the file.

Please let me know if this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bfirst786 Please send me these files at muse-support@adobe.com with ATTN: Colby in the subject line:

Mac:

/etc/hosts

~/Library/Logs/amt3.log

~/Library/Logs/oobelib.log

~/Library/Logs/PDApp.log

Win:

C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc/hosts

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\amt3.log

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\oobelib.log

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp\PDApp.log

Thanks,

Colby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true. I have the older Muse CC and I'm able to run it as well as update without any issues.

Muse CC 2014 is the problem.

One more reason I hate this subscription model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of our users had the same issue.

We started Muse 2014 in trial mode a few days ago.

Today he has manually activated it and now working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved

remove any line in your hosts file that contains Adobe servers (127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com) Now Adobe Muse Works

Thanks! Colby Ausen, great work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i deleted the hosts file completely... is that bad, or does it rewrite itself? because no everything seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chemoletter I wouldn't recommend deleting the whole thing, it's possible there were other redirects in the file you might need. The only lines that need to be removed are ones with "adobe" in the URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us had a friend install Adobe Photoshop or any other program on our computer without purchasing the software from adobe and to be able to do so the host file needed to redirect the adobe site t avoid conflicts. now installing the new Muse requires for validation and customer support recommends removing these redirects but if we do so will all other software installed stop working? I  understand that there's is the right way to do things and then "workarounds" and some of us are stuck with a workaround someone else did and now are paying for this, is that right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Host redirects for Adobe servers interfere with legitimately purchased software. The fixes I've suggested are likely to cause pirated Adobe software to stop functioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2014 Jul 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thx, good to know I stop my CC license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines