• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Builder 4.7 Freezing

Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2013 Mar 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity does anyone else have problems with Flash Builder 4.7 freezing while building? I will save a file and it generally seems to freeze on 3% or 27% (those numbers might be related to my project, obviously). This happens several times each day. I have to force it to close and relaunch. Not a big deal since I don't lose any code but it's just more of an annoyance because it interrupts my workflow and the tabs I had open don't save.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that Flash Builder 4.7 has memory leaks.  FB 4.7 freezes when the (used) heap memory reaches the maximum heap size.

I ended up tweaking my heap values (FlashBuilder.ini) to allow the application to grow insanely large (-Xmx2048m) to allow the application to run longer before running into the same problem (before restarting FB).

Until Adobe fixes this issue, if you have the available memory, try increasing the (-Xmx) setting in your FlashBuilder.ini file.

Look here for assistance: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-builder/kb/sluggish-performance-out-memory-errors.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 08, 2013 Mar 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Didn't think of that. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2013 Apr 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue and in my case this memory tweak didn't help. Each time I restart FB I'm getting only a couple of successful builds before it freezes up at exactly 27%

*edit* Even after uninstalling and reinstalling FB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always freeze at 27% also and after a bit the memory leak solution didn't seem to fix it either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really not a good issue.

We upgraded from 4.6 to 4.7 and got this incredible slow performance.

Memory increased (-Xmx1024m).

Unfortunately this didn't help. Same project works perfect in FB 4.6 with -Xmx1024m.

Is there any workaround or does Adobe work on this issue?

Best

omi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2013 Jun 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue , Any updates on this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2013 Jul 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow the memory heap to grow up to 4 Gb ram.  You should be fine for a few days before restart flash builder again.

My configs:

-Xms2048m

-Xmx4096m

-XX:MaxPermSize=256m

-XX:PermSize=64m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COME ON ADOBE!!!! THIS NEEDS SORTING OUT!

I don't know what changed but my current project crashes on every other save. I have the latest version of FB and I have updated the ini. This is unworkable!

Looking at how old this thread is I'm not holing out much hope! Flash Develop it is then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dealing with this problem now. This is some very shitty product management, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2014 Apr 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I ended up turning off 'Build Automatically' in the project menu just for an easy life. Stops crashing but far from a fix considering it's a really useful bit of functionality. It kept me from throwing my computer across the room though. Oh well, roll on Haxe development in FlashDevelop! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that is incredible.

I tried to buy version 4.6 and Adobe has forced me to buy version 4.7 and now I have this same problem.

I only have 4 GB in my laptop. Adobe what can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines