Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED [2014]

Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a book from google and I want to import it to my Adobe Digital Editions library. I downloaded the .acsm file and I authorized my computer using my Adobe ID. when i try to import the file a pop up indicates that the file is  "unable to download" and it says "E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED. i tried to sign in with my google account instead using the google vendor login, but i cannot login because it is telling me that my login information is wrong when i know it is definitely right. I have not downloaded the file to any other computer, and i only have adobe digital editions downloaded on my macbook. I don't know what to do, but i know a bunch of other people have had similar problems. I called the adobe care number and the woman who answered my call was useless. can someone please help me solve this issue. Thank you in advance!

Update: i created a new adobe ID using my gmail account, but that also did not work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Found a better solution than calling Google. Use this form instead: https://support.google.com/books/partner/contact/default . You'll have to give the ISBN or Google Books ID #, but they should have your books reset within a day or two once you submit a request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and seeing you have not had an answer since april really puts me down

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2014 Oct 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how you fix it.i think the problem coming from the downloading file with multiple device.isnt?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 26, 2014 Oct 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently formatted windows, in doing so I had backed up my old Adobe Digital Editions library. /Documents/My Digital Editions/ I tried opening an ebook from my Google Book store by downloading. It prompted to login and I selected the option to authorize for this computer. After that I started to receive the error that everyone else got. I think opened up the digital library seeing my books there that I had copied over. It asked me to input my authorization information again. Then everything started to work and I'm not able to download again. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2014 Dec 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem how we can fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2015 Jan 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Have you found a fix for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same problem how we can fix it???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Google Play support. They'll reset the device limit and it'll work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 01, 2015 Apr 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2015 Jul 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've contacted them and all I got was a link to this community forum

Interesting loop - community forum -> support -> community forum -> support -> ...

It seems the problem is not with the "device counter" as support told me that I still have some "activation counts" left.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me Too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, I disliked all those comments on the internet about the drm affecting only the people that buy content, until this... very.....day, I swear. I have lost one hour trying to figure out how to put an epub I just bought on google play on my nook simple touch and I ................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contacting Google is a waste!! I just tried doing that and I was told to contact Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a better solution than calling Google. Use this form instead: https://support.google.com/books/partner/contact/default . You'll have to give the ISBN or Google Books ID #, but they should have your books reset within a day or two once you submit a request. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this- waiting to see how it works out, Google accepted my querry and already sent me an acknowledgement email. Thanks for the suggestion and kudos for hunting and finding the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem- purchased book from Google and when trying to read with ADE I get the error message E_GOOGLE_DEVICE_LIMIT_REACHED

Screenshot (175).png

ā€ƒ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, ik it's been years, but i saw many others asking about this. This worked for me:

1) Download Adobe Digital Editions and leave it there

2) Download Calibre

3) Download DeDRM_tools_7.2.0 and install it

4) Open books in Calibre

5) Click to open a book on Calibre, it'll then open in ADE. Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me šŸ˜• Same error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did not work for me either. Same error : cannot transfer an eBook from phone on the new eReader! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines