• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player installation problem on MacOS X 10.9

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Googled and searched this community for an answer for 9 months, and I have found nothing.

I need to update Flash Player on my Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon with 8 GB 1066 MH DDR3 RAM.  I'm running OS X version 10.9.3.  I am able to download the update, but when I try to open it, I get this:

Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 12.03.44 PM.png

This continues to happen, even with each further update I attempt.  FYI, Flash Player works just fine in my browser (Firefox), but at some point, my Flash Player is going to be so outdated that it won't work.  I have no idea how to handle this problem.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

There is a lot of different problems with Flash Player install.

To help everyone, please edit your question subject.

Here is a suggestion:

Flash Player installation problem on MacOS X 10.9 .

Here is the way I got a running version with the same OS:

1. Remove the previous disk image which is corrupted (either because you downloaded a trapped version, or because Adobe was modifying it without locking the access, or because…).
  2. Download the independant installer which is coming directly from Adobe and withou

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a lot of different problems with Flash Player install.

To help everyone, please edit your question subject.

Here is a suggestion:

Flash Player installation problem on MacOS X 10.9 .

Here is the way I got a running version with the same OS:

1. Remove the previous disk image which is corrupted (either because you downloaded a trapped version, or because Adobe was modifying it without locking the access, or because…).
  2. Download the independant installer which is coming directly from Adobe and without any added gadget you don't want to install:
    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Please, if this is working or failing:

add a message here to help everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what any of the options you listed in answer 1 means, but answer 2's link corrected my issue.  I've successfully installed it on my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot find a way to edit the subject of my question.  I can edit my reply posts, but not the original for some reason.  I'll paste your suggestion here so that it hopefully comes up in Google searches.

Flash Player installation problem on MacOS X 10.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

kpmgaither2 wrote:

I also cannot find a way to edit the subject of my question.

You cannot edit a post once someone has replied to it.  I have modified the subject for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works!!!! I can't thank you enough! I have been crazy trying to get the proper information to load flash player 14.  I had determined to just give up watching any videos. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines