• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating Links for Bookmarks

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a robohelp file with all of the information that I need. Now, I am beginning the process of exporting the file to HTML so that it can sit in a report center and be referenced from there. I would like to be able to create links from each bookmark page to place in various locations on the report center. When I click on the bookmark I want and create a shortcut, the link I am given takes me to the appropriate bookmark but it does not display the table of contents on the side. Is there a way to make that link produce both the bookmark I want to be pulled up and the table of contents with it? I do not want to use the feature where you have to click "show" in order to make the table of contents appear. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Hi there

Not sure I fully comprehend what you are doing. Especially when you say you "created a robohelp file with all the information" and you are "now beginning the process of exporting the file to HTML". Does this mean you are using RoboHelp for Word? If you are using RoboHelp HTML, you are already "in" HTML. That's what you work in.

When you say you want to create links from a bookmark page (not sure what a bookmark page is here). Are you wanting to link from RoboHelp topics to your applicatio

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Not sure I fully comprehend what you are doing. Especially when you say you "created a robohelp file with all the information" and you are "now beginning the process of exporting the file to HTML". Does this mean you are using RoboHelp for Word? If you are using RoboHelp HTML, you are already "in" HTML. That's what you work in.

When you say you want to create links from a bookmark page (not sure what a bookmark page is here). Are you wanting to link from RoboHelp topics to your application somehow so that if a user is viewing the help, they click a link and your application opens? Or are you meaning the opposite? You are wanting links in the application to open the help?

As for opening a page with the full frameset showing, you simply need the link you see in the address bar after clicking the Show link. So click a "show" link, and then look at your browser address bar and note the path.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, I have a robohelp document which I have then published to view a HTML page.

From there, I want to be able to capture links that bring the user back to this HTML page. However, I want the link to reference the user back to a specific bookmark within a book. But, when I copy the shortcut to that link, it does not show the table of contents with it. Is there a link that shows both the bookmark within the book that I want that also shows the table of contents with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still confused, but whatever.

Please re-read my last sentence in the earlier post. The answer is there and it involves clicking the Show link and noting the link you will find in the browser address bar. That's the link you need.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me show some screenshots to make sure we're on the same page...

This is the page that I want the link for......(so I want the MSRB G32 Report Card Suummary View page within the Municipal Bond reports book)

screen shot 1.png

When I go to capture this link, I have tried two things...

1) Copying the link from the URL bar above (H:\Report_Center\Robohelp Report Center Help Doc\index.htm) which then takes me back to the home page of the help document:

(Not where I want the link to take me)

screen shot 3.png

I have also tried a second option:

2) Copying the shortcut to this page:

screen shot 4.png

But then this link takes me here:

screen shot 6.png

This is technically the right page but it does not include the table of contents (which is an important feature to have since this is a large document and will require a lot of scrolling to get to the "show" button at the top of each page to display the table of contents). Instead of this option, I would like for it to display like the first screen shot I put on here.... Is this what you were talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

That last page. The page you want to display with the full TOC surrounding it. Does that page offer a "Show" link you can click? (Normally it appears at the top but I really can't tell with the image. Since the forum upgrades, images are barely legible any more. It does appear there is a scroll bar to allow you to scroll the page up a bit. You might see it then.)

What I'm saying is that if you click that "Show" link, the full TOC and everything *SHOULD* appear. And when it does, the address bar *SHOULD* appear differently.

Instead of looking like this:

tmp2.png

It should then look a bit like this:

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp