11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2014 12:52 AM by sise_at

Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding

Almoullim Level 1

Hello,

I'm Running Windows 8

Intel Core i7

8GB Ram

2GB Graphic Card

I Just did a fresh install of PS CC 2014 (Latest Update)

And every time i Lunch it its Stop Responding after 2 or 3 seconds

Stopped Responding.jpg

I have no idea about the issue

PS: The Previous Release, was working like a charm

• 1. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
          Level 7

Check the Windows System Event Viewer for details on the crash.  Most likely cause is a bug in your video card driver.

• 2. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
            Almoullim Level 1

Chris Cox wrote:

Check the Windows System Event Viewer for details on the crash.  Most likely cause is a bug in your video card driver.

This is the error, " From Event Viewer ".

Log Name: Application
            Source:  Application Error
            Date:    6/27/2014 10:18:37 AM
            Event ID: 1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:   Error
            Keywords: Classic
            User:    N/A
            Computer: Almoullim

Description:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 15.0.0.58, time stamp: 0x536b438e

Faulting module name: igdfcl64.dll, version: 8.1.0.3223, time stamp: 0x51cc5434

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000008091a3

Faulting process id: 0x1120

Faulting application start time: 0x01cf91d7f87d2cfe

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2014\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\windows\SYSTEM32\igdfcl64.dll

Report Id: 41001161-fdcb-11e3-be9b-681729be762e

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

And :

Fault bucket 85936341663, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Photoshop.exe

P2: 15.0.0.58

P3: 536b438e

P4: igdfcl64.dll

P5: 8.1.0.3223

P6: 51cc5434

P7: c0000005

P8: 00000000008091a3

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

C:\Users\Ali Almoullim\AppData\Local\Temp\WER1C05.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

C:\Users\Ali Almoullim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Photoshop.exe_ec3f49 731096fd231dac2c21b37999424eff8aa6_25af72ff

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 41001161-fdcb-11e3-be9b-681729be762e

Report Status: 16

Hashed bucket: 2d2e3341c7a5517ccadd5ff565e92821

• 3. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
              Level 7

And as you can see, your Intel graphics driver is crashing. Update the driver from Intel's website.

• 4. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                Almoullim Level 1

My driver was up to date and thou it is i did installed the latest version from the website and the issue still occur

• 5. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                  Level 7

Then you need to contact Intel and work with them to determine why your video card driver is crashing.  There could be an installation problem with the driver software, or there could be a bug they haven't fixed yet.

• 6. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                    sise_at

I am answering this post with the same answer as I am writing for a post I will mention at the bottom.

are you using multiple monitors? if yes, are you using different GPU's? I cannot really understand Adobe's attitude in this situation. I have found about 5 related/similar articles and the answer from Adobe (in most cases from Chris Cox) is either "update driver" or "contact manufacturer" or a combination of these two answers which are anything but helpful in this situation.

I have the same problem with the following setup:

Win 8 x64

AMD Radeon HD 6700

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (onboard)

Photoshop CS6

2 monitors, one connected to the AMD and one to the onboard Intel

ALL drivers are the latest available versions from the AMD and Intel websites.

What I have found out and what I would like to suggest:

Adobe CANNOT handle 2 graphic adapters coming from two different manufacturers, in my case AMD and Intel.

This is confirmed by the conversation I have found here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/multiple_video_cards_crash_photoshop

Additionally: Please try to disable your second monitor (PS not running), then start Photoshop and check your performance settings, your graphic card should be recognized now. But only, if you are using one screen only.

@Adobe and especially Chris Cox: why are you always recommending the driver and contacting the manufacturer, isn't it YOUR job to create software, which is compatible with the underlying system? And why are you afraid of talking about this issue and hand in an error report so this bug can be fixed?

related/similar: Re: Photoshop CS6 crash during merge to HDR Pro

• 7. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                      Level 7

We do create software compatible with the system.

But if you are running out of date drivers that contain bugs - we can't do anything about that.  We test with current drivers at the time Photoshop ships, and notify the GPU maker's about bugs we find (which they usually fix quickly).  And if we coded around all the known bugs in video card drivers, we wouldn't be able to use the GPU at all.

You have to update your drivers to pick up all the bug fixes in the drivers.

We cannot fix the bugs in your video card drivers, and we know that later drivers work.

• 8. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                        sise_at Level 1

Yes, I do understand the point you are argueing, of course you rely on the usage of the latest drivers. But please read my post carefully: I am using the latest drivers. In case of AMD I have updated them using the AMD driver section of their website. It is the most recent/latest driver which exists! In case of Intel I tried the Windows Update method at first but then browsed the Intel website manually to download the latest driver. Still no success.

AMD Radeon HD 6700, PCI Express, Driver version: 14.100.0.0, 17.04.2014

Intel HD Graphics 4000, OnBoard, Driver Version: 10.18.10.3621, 17.05.2014

As I have mentioned I am running 2 monitors connected to different GPU's. If I disable one screen, everything works perfectly, but this is not acceptable. Please state your point running Photoshop on a computer with multiple monitors connected to multiple DIFFERENT GPU's. And in case you have a solution, suggestion or idea concerning this problem, please let me know.

• 9. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                          Level 7

Then your problem is with AMD's code, Intel's code, system OpenGL/CL drivers (which really do have problems with multiple GPUs from different vendors), or remnants of old drivers left on your system.

It is the GPU and OS maker's job to make their code work to the standards.  All Adobe can do is disable GPU usage when the system fails to work according to the standard, and occasionally work around known issues in implementations. (well, and beg the OS and GPU makers to fix their bugs)

• 10. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                            eliz926 Level 1

this page was very helpful in testing graphic processor problems:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-gpu-faq1.html#Graphics hardware not officially supported message

• 11. Re: Photoshop CC (2014), Stopped Responding
                              sise_at Level 1

ok, let's try an approach from a different perspective:

can you confirm that ps cs6 is working correctly on dual screens with one screen connected to AMD Radeon HD 6700, PCI Express and one screen connected Intel HD Graphics 4000, OnBoard? Did you test this circumstances yourself? How can you argue that it is not a bug in Adobe's software?

Because there are quite a lot people around in the internet who have these problems if two different GPU's are used.

many thanks!