• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 10 won't record video. Reports "unexpected problem". Audio recording works fine.

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Presenter 10 on Win 7 Enterprise, Office 2013. Everything seems to work fine, including audio recording, except it won't start recording video. Gives me an unexpected problem message.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2014 Jun 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please check if your Graphic and video drivers are upto date? Try reinstalling Presenter after the update.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drivers were up to date, and I already tried installing it twice. That was my office computer running Win 7. I also just tried a new installation on laptop running Win 8, ran PP as admin and got precisely the same result: when I start video PP goes into Presenter mode and I get the "unexpected problem with this file" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2014 Jun 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you getting that error only with video button or other buttons too? Please check Presenter Video Express (Adobe-Pr-VC.exe) and Powerpoint (POWERPNT.EXE) exes are either both in admin mode or non-admin mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All other features work fine. Video Express works and records video and audio in both admin and non-admin mode. Presenter shows an error regardless of whether it is in admin or non-admin mode, and regardless of whether Video Express is running in either mode or not running at all..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2014 Jul 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi There,

Can you please try different user account with Admin Rights? Uninstall Presenter and enable built in Admin account. Reinstall Presenter under Administrator account and then try to run Presenter. You may try reinstalling Powerpoint as well . Make sure to check "Remove Preferences " option while uninstalling Presenter.

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources