• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Knowing result of XML export from ExtendScript

Advocate ,
Jun 30, 2014 Jun 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have experience in tracking the status messages for an XML export from within ExtendScript ? One of my scripts publishes a book and all its chapters to XML and needs to report on possible errors that occurred. The export also includes running an XSLT for post processing. I can see the status messages in the console panel but I need to know the status from within the script, so that it can handle possible error situations elegantly.

Ciao

Jang

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jang,

you can use FA_errno after your export, here is an example with an import :

var newImport = doc.Import(textLoc, newFile, importParams, retParams); // Import graphic from picture

if(FA_errno != 0) {

message = "Export aborted : Unable to import file : " + newFile;

if(FA_errno == Constants.FE_BadParameter) message += "\r\rError N° : " + FA_errno + ", Bad parameter\r\rCheck your structured applications definitions";

else if(FA_errno == Constants.FE_SystemError) message += "\r\rError N° : " + FA_errno + ", System error\r\rCheck your permissions on folder or on files you are trying to overwrite";

else message += "\r\rError N° : " + FA_errno;

}

Hope it helps,

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines